Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Project Engineer Jobs in Portage, MI
The Project Engineer is responsible for technical work involving engineering, development and design of one or more components involved in a product; establishes program specifications and requirements; and directs the technical activities of the Designer, Manufacturing Engineer and Quality Engineer assigned to the program.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Provides the Lead in technical, product quality, GD&T development reviews with the customer.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for prototype mold builds and the on-time availability of prototype parts.
- Responsible for assuring that all materials, parts and products supplied are on time and meet all customer requirements from prototypes thru production PPAP.
- Completes Engineering Change Request documents for all changes that impact tooling and/or product pricing.
- Generates Purchase Orders and tracks budget for dies and molds, sample material etc.
- Maintain documentation on all program activity.
- Provide the latest data and/or drawings to tooling sources and document control; analyze all drawings to assure compliance to all specifications.
- Track design and engineering activities per the critical path of the program.
- Responsible for developing the part design using a SET based options approach.
- Schedule all mold tryouts and secondary operations; and layouts and performance testing.
- Responsible for assuring that a complete part submission is made on or before the required customer date.
- Support for program integration into SPI Manufacturing.
- Other duties as assigned.
B.S. degree in engineering and 2 years manufacturing experience (automotive related preferred) or some college instruction (preferably in an engineering curriculum) and 7 years progressive manufacturing experience including 2 years in engineering. Up to 20% travel to International/Domestic manufacturing and customer locations may be required. Possesses the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices; must agree to complete all post-hire training.
About Summit Polymers:
Founded in 1972, Summit Polymers Inc. is a world-class Tier 1 automotive supplier of injection molded interior trim, which specializes in the engineering, manufacturing, and assembly of feature based registers, consoles and trim panels. From Engineers, Quality professionals to Management, we are currently looking for dedicated and experienced talent to join our dynamic team.
Privately held, we have 2700 employees at 9 manufacturing sites, with plants in SW Michigan, Kentucky, Mexico, and China; plus a Technical Center in Kalamazoo, MI and Sales and Engineering office in Dearborn, MI. Our client base includes Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, VW, and Fiat. Our commitment to continuous improvement in management, quality, cost, delivery and technology allows us to meet the increasing expectations of our customers as well as achieve a track record of profitability and success.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance; generous 401(k), flexible spending options, relocation consideration, tuition reimbursement, and flexible schedules; plus progressive career advancement for high performers.
If you are committed to continuous improvement, customer service and quality, join Summit Polymers Talent Network to search and apply for our current opportunities.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Project Engineer jobs in Portage, Michigan: