Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Accounting Manager Jobs in Richmond, VA
Accounting Manager (Land Development)
Benefits OfferedLife, Medical, 401K, Dental, Vision
StyleCraft Homes is growing! We are seeking exceptional talent to help continue our mission of creating lasting relationships with buyers, partners, and associates through an unparalleled buying, building, and homeownership experience, a commitment to community, and a work environment built on open communication, accountability, profitability, and integrity.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager for the growing Land Development sector of the business. The ideal candidate will have a degree in accounting, business administration, finance or equivalent (post graduate certificate or candidate a plus). They will have both accounting and management experience in project development, real estate, job costing and/or ‘pro forma’ cash flow modeling.
- Prepare updated project job cost and development company budgets and proforma cash projections using industry specific software in conjunction with MS Excel.
- Perform financial reporting including all month-end and year-end close cycles for multiple companies by the 5th of each month.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts, and certain revenue accounts, for all companies by the 5th of each month.
- Update Development Cost Relief budgets at least quarterly, and ensure necessary sign off by Corporate Controller.
- In conjunction with the Land Development Manager, maintain executed scopes of work and/or engagement letters for easy and quick reference for each development and Investment Company.
- Aid tax accountant with information needed for annual tax returns and projections.
- Manage Project Coordinator/ Accounting Assistant with administering AP Cycles, posting all transactions, cash requirements/cash projections, loan draws & equity requests, issuing and tracking Purchase Orders, maintaining project and company files
- Manage the booking of land and/or lot sale entries, tracking lot inventory and price schedules, as well as purchase and/or sale commitments.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested
- Manage the tracking, payment and filing of Business Licenses, Annual Corporate filings, Real Estate & Property Taxes for Land Development and Investment companies.
- Become well versed in company policies. Maintain book of standard procedures and policies for easy and quick reference. Set and achieve quarterly goals for improving policy and operating procedures. Prepare and conduct training for other departments and employees.
- Establish and maintain a Goal Achievement & Project Book containing all goals and projects, both individual and for the department. Review and update book daily during progress towards project completion and as goals are achieved. Use for ongoing prioritization of projects, long-term goals and ongoing tasks and review with Controller regularly.
- Minimum BA or BS in Accounting. Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- CPA, CMA, CFA or candidate a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Accounting, Pro Forma modeling, Analysis, and or Project Cost Accounting.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Management.
- Requires knowledge of Job Costing and experience with ProForma modeling.
- Experience with Project Based Development, month end close accounting, and/or Real Estate transactions preferred
- Attention to detail and solid financial and ad hoc analysis and reporting skills.
- ERP financial systems experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products especially MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including fluency in English
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional skills in organization, detail, planning and time management
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Specific aptitude in Microsoft Excel including formulas, calculations, conditional formatting and analysis
- Discretion when handling confidential documents and information
- Willingness to learn and use software to manage/improve operations
- Professional, friendly, collaborative, and drive to be successful
In addition to a great team atmosphere and career development, StyleCraft Homes offers full-time employees an extensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance — Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PTO & Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Home Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please reply with résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements — incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years
- Accounting, Pro Forma modeling, Analysis, and/or Project Cost Accounting.: 5 years
About StyleCraft Homes:
StyleCraft Homes is a local, family-owned company committed to building smartly designed, personalized homes. Founded in 1999 by father-and-son team Dale and Richard Kuhn, StyleCraft is a leading builder in the Richmond area.
More than 15 years since our founding, StyleCraft has grown in size and scope but we retain the values of a small, local, family-owned homebuilder. We are dedicated to making exceptional homes with a focus on customer value - not shareholder profit.
Our current President Richard Kuhn continues to invest in design innovation and insist on high standards in building materials and construction techniques, ensuring that every StyleCraft home will Live Up to the expectations of every homebuyer long past closing day.
Posted 3 months ago
Browse Accounting Manager jobs in Richmond, Virginia:
Exciting Accounting Manager Role with Established, Successful Richmond Company!
Parker and Lynch in Richmond, VA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Financial Accounting Manager - Richmond, VA
Parker and Lynch in Richmond, VA
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Accounting Manager - Insurance Industry - to 110k
Vaco Financial in Richmond, VA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter