Posted 1 year ago in Sales & Biz Dev
The National Strategic Account Manager position reports to the Vice-President of Sales & Marketing and is a member of the company’s sales’ team. Salesperson’s role is to develop new business, proactively manage customer relationships, manage the current customer programs and close deals professionally in a way that maximizes order book and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· National Strategic account management responsibilities for certain accounts, including customer visits, quotations, communications, sales tracking, forecasting, budgeting, pricing, lead generation, etc.
· Actively searching out new business with new or existing customers in the Off-Highway Vehicle, Construction, Agriculture and Mining market segments.
· Utilize terms and conditions requirements when negotiating sales.
· Handles communication on commercial issues between company and the customer.
· Manage the material surcharge and pricing increase process to the customer.
· Understanding of customer’s programs, products and platforms that the customer currently has.
· Understanding of customer’s organization structure, who the key players are, organizational charts, etc.
· Follow the overall sales process, including sales funnel management.
· Maintain solid sales pipeline and sales forecast accuracy.
· Presentations on products and core capabilities to customers and potential customers.
· Properly record account and customer activity in the CRM system (Salesforce.com).
· Monitor and manage the progress and adherence to the program timelines for new product introduction, program revision and quality issue resolution.
· Running reports from the operating systems to distribute to the Vice-President, the sales team and other departments as necessary.
· Manage the monthly and annual sales objectives and growth initiatives.
· Manage the customer visits to the Facility complete with meeting agenda’s and outlook calendar notifications.
· Work closely with the sales team to assist in the development of the sales programs that lead to increased efficiencies.
· Maintain customer relationships and follow strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
· Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the competitive environment, market trends, and new customer and/or market opportunities.
· Customer entertainment as necessary and in accordance with the company guidelines.
· Effectively interact with other departments and colleagues.
· Represent the sales team perspective in the company’s overall problem-solving and decision-making processes.
· Present and champion the customers’ needs, issues, policies, etc. to colleagues and suppliers. ‘Represent’ the customer in actions and activities relative to safety, quality, delivery, cost and production.
· Participate in trade shows and trade organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Bachelor’s or Tecical Degree or 5 years equivalent work experience in sales and account management experience, preferably in product sales. Preferred areas of study are: Business,
Management, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
· Ability to establish a rapport with all levels of existing and potential customers.
· Strong and effective oral, written, persuasive, and presentation skills. Ability to deliver sales presentation to customers.
· Strong interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, management, and customers.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Familiarity with common computer operations and software, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
· Effective networking skills.
· Excellent planning and problem solving skills.
· Travel requirements of up to fifteen (15) days per month.
STS Technical Services helps businesses with some of their most critical day-to-day tasks providing assistance with workforce consulting, payroll, executive recruitment and project management.
Browse national account manager jobs in Rochester, New York:
McKesson - Rochester, NY
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
The BankCard Group - Rochester, NY
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
GCA Services Group - Rochester, NY
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply