One of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care.
The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives
Senior Project Engineer
Lead complex teams to advance assigned projects through the development process to market launch. Serve as a project mentor to other engineers under minimal supervision.
• Direct and manage the workflow of engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
• Interface with clinical advisors to gather input for design and evaluation of new products. This includes organizing and managing cadaver labs and consultant panel meetings.
• Manage the design control creation through the New Product Development Process (NPDP). Work with Program Managers and oversee technical teams to ensure project plans adhere to agree upon timelines and are within the scope of the NPDP guidelines.
• Lead and participate on cross-functional design teams to develop new product, address design issues, and maintain existing designs.
• Utilize advanced knowledge of the surgical procedure and relationships with clinical advisors to develop innovative solutions to solve problems and satisfy customer needs.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key design consulting groups in order to recognize and anticipate industry trends and user needs.
• Mentor other engineers in project management best practices and industry trends.
• 5+ years of product development experience in the medical device industry or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex product development initiatives from concept through release
• Demonstrated ability to apply design controls within a regulated industry
• Demonstrated ability to achieve work objectives both independently and as a leader/member of a work team
• Demonstrated experience with a parametric CAD design package. Prefer Pro/Engineer
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Science, or a related field of study.
Prefer Master’s Degree in a technical or management discipline.