“Great opportunities for growth, fun culture and making a difference for clients.”
As a Digital Designer for Strum, you’ll be part of our creative team, working to design and execute branding and advertising digitally. Building HTML display ads is a big part of the job, but you do way more than push around pixels. You communicate visually, and work with others to solve the brand challenges of our clients.
You’re easy to work with, and have strong design skills and a deep understanding of digital media. You get excited about what’s possible. Failure doesn’t scare you. You dust yourself off and keep moving. You are pragmatic and optimistic with a track record of getting stuff done. And despite what you’ve accomplished, your best work lies ahead of you.
If this sounds like you, then Strum wants to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
● Bring passion and creativity to any design assignment
● Quickly and effectively work to execute digital display ads that include HTML5 animation and all the click tags and associated rigamarole
● Be comfortable tackling a variety of digital and motion design challenges — from display ads, to animation and motion graphics
● Video editing a plus
● Work with copywriters, designers, art directors, and creative directors to help brands shine on screen
● Present ideas with rationale to creative director, account managers and clients
● Collaborate with creative director and account team to understand business objectives and client expectations
● Continue to learn and push yourself
What you have:
● Undergraduate degree (BA) or equivalent experience.
● 2+ years working as a creative professional
● A strong portfolio showcasing a range of work that includes animated display ads.
● Solid background in design fundamentals: typography, color, composition and layout
● UI/UX design experience a plus
● Basic knowledge of social media advertising: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
● Experience designing storyboards for digital display ads, and translating those storyboards into animated HTML ads or gifs
● Strong fundamentals in motion design: editing, animation, timing, etc.
● Working knowledge of current web markup and scripting languages such as HTML, CSS, bootstrap, jQuery, etc.
What you use:
● Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Premiere and After Effects
● Experience with Hype a plus
What you bring us:
● Passionate attitude and enthusiasm with fun, creative energy, and a can-do spirit
● Proven conceptual and design skills — backed by the technical skills to execute your vision
● Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects, rounds of revisions and quick timelines
● Highly organized work and a critical eye for details
● Resourcefulness, grit, and initiative
Strum is a strategic branding and marketing firm. We focus on helping financial institutions, but that doesn't mean we’re boring. Clients from all over the world come to us for our insight and our creativity. Among the many things we do, we specialize in brand and identity creation, filmmaking and storytelling, branch design and branded environments, digital messaging and advertising.
Our office is centrally located in Seattle, where Capitol Hill meets downtown. Perks include:
● Flexible PTO
● Work from home flexibility
● A brand new office space for you to be creative in
● An open Kegorator and typically some wine, if that’s your thing
● Espresso machine
● Orca card / bus pass
● And of course, medical, dental, vision and a great 401k program
Strum is a leader in brand creation, digital and data driven marketing strategies. We focus on helping financial institutions, but that doesn't mean we’re boring. Clients from all over the world come to us for our strategic insight and creativity. Among the many things we do, we specialize in brand and identity creation, filmmaking and storytelling, branch design and branded environments, digital messaging and advertising.