Performs the role of product inspection to verify compliance with welding codes and material specifications. Initiates, documents and monitors non-conformance reports to ensure products satisfy customers’ expectations. Maintains complete and accurate records of inspection activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor all phases of work, from initial receipt of raw materials through shipment of the finished product to the customer.
2. Perform daily dimensional verification relating to the fit of components and product configuration.
3. Studies plans, contract documents, and specifications prior to fabrication.
4. Verify that reports or plans are initialed by production attesting that the specified tolerances have been achieved.
5. Reviews shop drawings for potential fabrication and inspection problems.
6. Observe shop assemblies and assure that measurements are obtained and recorded.
7. Monitor production welding and perform final inspection of weldments for compliance with code and specification requirements.
8. Evaluate the workmanship of individual welders and notify production managers when additional training is needed.
9. Witness the welding and testing of Procedure and Welder Qualification tests.
10. Initiates non-conformance reports, tags affected material, and monitors progress of repairs.
11. Under the direction of the Director, has the authority to act independently of manufacturing to ensure quality policy and procedures are followed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Good knowledge of measuring devices and tools and the proper operation.
• Good knowledge of codes and specifications.
• Good knowledge of welding and NDE (non-destructive examination) processes.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and inspection practices as applicable to the company’s products.
• Knowledge of painting and galvanizing processes and inspection techniques.
• Ability to read and write Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish, is a plus.
• Ability to inspect parts and assemblies to determine compliance with production drawings and the Companies standard inspection and quality standards.
• Ability to read, interpret, and communicate to others blueprint (production drawing) requirements.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions on the use of appropriate tools and applications techniques.
• Reliable work ethics with great attendance.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends.