Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Network Engineer Jobs in Columbus, OH
Senior Network Engineer
- Detailed understanding of routing protocols in IP Service Provider architectures. TCP/IP fundamentals, IP sub-netting and super-netting and hierarchical routing principles, Routing protocol operation (OSPF, BGP-4), general understanding of MPLS (RSVP and LDP) L2 and L3 VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (GRE, IPsec, etc.). Multicast, P2MP LSPs
- Basic understanding of Layer 2 protocols and technologies including: Frame Relay, Ethernet, DS0, DS1, and DS3 3, PPP, PPPoE, and DSL, Products to support: Juniper M&T Series routers, EX and MX switches
- Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications on a daily basis with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion.
- Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- Ability to apply knowledge to real world scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
- Self starter, team player, personable, enthusiastic, hard working, and enjoy interfacing with customers on a day to day basis.
- It would be a plus to have hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of other Vendor products and their operation.
About Stratus Technology:
Stratus Technology Services, LLC (STS) is a provider of innovative Information Technology and Financial Services Operations services and solutions that are completely focused on client success. At STS it is our uncompromising commitment to extraordinary people implementing defined and proven technology and operations methodologies, that allow for the delivery of the right solution for our client critical business needs every time.
STS' model of service excellence has provided for timely, cost effective and accurate solutions for large and small clients on a nationwide basis since 2001. At STS we are a leader in the new economy which demands strategic partners who are agile, focused and completely engaged.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Senior Network Engineer jobs in Columbus, Ohio: