Responsible for serving as the primary contact and source of information for all services provided to customers by the service department. Oversee departmental service assignments.
* Serve as primary point of contact for all customers from initiation through completion of the service job.
* Communicate status of service job to customer, including description, status, and cost of work being performed.
* Assign service jobs to Technicians and oversee job progress to completion.
* Ensure all required parts and supplies are available to Technicians in order to complete service job.
* Ensure service performed is appropriate and in compliance with company safety and standard operating procedures.
* Ensure quality control of complete process.
* Create final customer invoice with complete explanation and charges for work performed, and review invoice with customer.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or three to seven years related experience
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with JD Edwards service system preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Prior customer service experience in an automotive or heavy-duty engine repair environment preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.