Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago.
“Family owned business with a great company culture”
The accounts payable clerk is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
· Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Processes invoices into accounting system.
· Processes mail daily for the department.
· Responsible for timely research and response to all vendor inquires.
· Responsible for researching and resolving discrepancies with any payables.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, vendors and others regarding purchases.
· Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
· Assist in monthly accounting closings.
· Prepares and reconcile vendor statements.
· Ability to work within a team environment and back up co-workers.
· Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
· Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (examples listed below)
1. Ability to problem solve effectively
2. Customer Service and Phone skills to talk to vendors and other employees
3. Responds to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion
4. Strong typing and verbal communication skills
5. Problem solving skills
6. Thoroughness and attention to detail
Supervisory Responsibility (list responsibilities if appropriate for the position)
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk; Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk. Frequent use of hands to operate the computer and phone
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· No travel required
Required Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of Two years previous experience within an accounting clerical or accounts payable position.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· Previous experience in a high-volume payables department.
· Experience working in a distribution or supply chain environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Position requires the individual to be able to work in the United States. This position would not be eligible for visa sponsorship.
Stauffer Glove and Safety is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer - See more at: http://www.StaufferSafety.com/careers/
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Stauffer Glove & Safety originated in 1907 in Palm, Pennsylvania under the name Acorn Glove Company.
In 1955, Acorn Glove moved to its present location in Red Hill, Pennsylvania and was incorporated under the name Stauffer Manufacturing Company.
Today Stauffer Glove & Safety operates 9 locations nationwide. Our dedicated team of over 180 employees closely coordinates with premier vendors such as 3M, DuPont, Honeywell Safety Products, Kimberly-Clark and more.
This collaboration helps to service the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) needs for a wide range of industries from coast to coast.
With over 100 years of experience, Stauffer Glove & Safety offers employees the stability of an industry leader.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Accounts Payable Clerk jobs in Red Hill PA USA:
DataBank IMX in King of Prussia, PA
Posted 1 month ago on the web
Uber Driver Partners in Allentown, PA
Posted 1 month ago on Uber
Cybertech in Trexlertown, PA
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter