Full time role!!
Local candidates only!!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor and FHA/VA guidelines
- Respond to post-closing, insuring and audit reviews in a timely fashion
- Communicate loan decisions to appropriate parties both orally and/or in writing
- Maintain a minimum productivity level of 5 new loans per day
- Review conditions on suspended files
- Supervises Directly: N/A
- Internal Relations: Works regularly with all departments
- External Relations: Communicate as needed with Account Executives and Customers
- Minimum of 2 years Government Underwriting or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of FHA/VA guidelines, documents and terminology
- Must have Direct Endorsement (DE) status from HUD and/or SARs authority from VA
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work effectively in a fast pace environment with low tolerance for error
- Work outside of the standard business day may be required
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements. Description:
The Government Underwriter is responsible for providing a loan decision based on an individual’s credit history, financial position and strength of collateral. This person must have attained (DE) Direct Endorsement status from HUD and/or SARs authority from VA. An extensive understanding of FHA, VA and FAMC guidelines is required. The ability to manage work flow and provide exemplary customer service is essential.
About Starpoint Solutions:
Professional Services IT Financial/Investment Firm