We are seeking a Laboratory Manager for our hospital in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area.
$60K - $83K, depending on experience, with full benefits, discretionary bonus, and generous relocation assistance.
1. Overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the laboratory.
2. Plan, assign, and direct work in the laboratory. Serve as liaison with other areas as needed.
3. Mentor and support direct reports, (i.e. Supervisors, QA Specialists and Safety Coordinators) in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identify and implement training programs as necessary.
4. Define, coordinate, and monitor quality assurance programs and supervise activities of the Quality Assurance Specialist. Ensure quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
5. Oversee staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively maintain quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
6. Review test performance, drive process and project management, and prepare and submit required reports to meet established deadlines.
7. Coordinate R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and business unit committees as needed.
8. Develop annual budget and manage department costs and resources to adhere to budget.
9. Define, coordinate and monitor EHS programs and supervise activities of the Department Safety Coordinator. Ensure EHS regulatory standards and safety procedures are followed. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
1. BS degree in Medical Technology, or the sciences is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
2. Must have minimum of 8 years' laboratory experience with at least 4 years' of direct supervisory experience in the clinical or anatomical pathology laboratory.
3. Must have strong leadership abilities, as well as excellent organizational and planning skills.
Since 2002, StaffPointe has provided specialized recruitment services within the Healthcare, Financial and Technology industries. We currently represent more than 1000 clients and 4000 career opportunities which are positioned throughout the globe. Our teams of professional Recruiters are experts within the field and will always make you their priority.
Posted 4 years ago