Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Pos Telephone Installer Immediately Jobs in Providence, RI
POS & Telephone Installer- Needed Immediately
We are currently seeking a Data Communications Technician for the installation and repair of data lines and equipment for retail customers.
This field technician will perform the following duties:
- Review and complete work orders to move, change, install, repair, or remove data communications equipment such as cableing, POS, CCTV, phone systems, computer terminals, audio systems, DVR's, digital signage, traffic monitoring systems and analytics, as well as wireless RF units.
- Read technical manuals to learn correct settings for equipment
- Install wires and cables
- Splice wires or cables
- Connect computer or terminal to data communication lines
- Disassemble equipment
- Inspect and test wiring to locate and repair problem
- Modify equipment in accordance with user request
- Test communication lines to ensure that specifications are met
- Enter commands into computer to test equipment
- Read messages on computer screen to verify that data is being transmitted between locations according to specifications
- Plan layout and installation of data communications equipment
- Demonstrate use of equipment
- Field experience (preferably in the retail industry) in configuration and installation of hardware products, cabling, and networking
- 3-5 years POS break/fix experience
- Expertise with a variety of tech support concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at off-site client locations
- Ability to communicate- written and oral skills
- Microsoft Office and Windows products (Excel, Word, XP)
- Willing to travel as a regular part of the job
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record for the past two years
- Evening and weekend availability will be required
For consideration, please reply to this ad and attach your resume.
We are recruiting all over the country for multiple positions, so be sure to include the job title and location in either the subject line or body of your email.
About Spencer Technologies:
Founded 40 years ago as an electrical contracting firm with just a handful of employees, Spencer Technologies has grown to more than 250 employees and five offices serving the technology needs of hundreds of leading retailers and other multi-site organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Today, Spencer Technologies sets the standard for experience, technical expertise, unparalleled customer service and absolute reliability.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Pos Telephone Installer Immediately jobs in Providence, Rhode Island:
IT Principle Support Specialist
CVS Health in Lincoln, RI
Posted 23 days ago on the web
Fountain Position - Friendly's Ice Cream (Franch...
Friendly's Ice Cream, LLC. in Fall River, MA
Posted 7 months ago on StartWire
NAVY LODGE GUEST SERVICE REP SUPERVISOR NEW!
Navy Exchange Services (NEX) in NEWPORT, RI
Posted 3 days ago on the web