Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Great career growth opportunities, with a fast growing Healthcare IT/Software development company!”
Job Title: Data Architect
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type : Full-Time with Sparksoft
Sparksoft is looking for a Big data architect who can help achieve the customer’s business goals on data analytics utilizing data, cloud services, hardware and software and other IT components. The architect should assist in identifying existing gaps, building new data pipelines and provide solutions to deliver advanced analytical capabilities and enriched data to business users.
• Provide top-quality big data solutions to modernize the data platform aligning to the customer expectations
• Provide planning and guidance in integrating, centralizing, and maintaining the data to ensure relevance to stakeholders in alignment with architecture strategy and roadmap
• Create, maintain, and manage data architecture roadmap, data patterns, data flows, storage, data principles, data governance and data security
• Engage with customers to understand strategic requirements, translate business requirements into data solutions
• Collaborate with domain experts and developers to deliver data products
• Maintain and manage the data models and data artifacts including data dictionaries/metadata registry
• Understand bigger picture on data architecture and data flow to identify gaps and apply design thinking to harness existing data in anticipation of future use cases
• Analyze and recommend optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source systems
• Utilize Big Data technologies to design, develop, and evolve scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components, provide strategies to transition legacy ETLs with Java and Hive queries to Spark ELTs
• Stay current on latest technology to ensure maximum ROI for customers
• Expertise in Hadoop ecosystem and architecture components, Big Data tools and technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Kafka, Yarn, Oozie, MapReduce, Tez, Presto etc.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Java, Scala, Python, or Shell Scripting, etc.; practical knowledge of end-to-end design and build process of Data Pipelines;
• Expertise with SQL and Data modeling working in Agile development process.
• Ability to work with large data sets with highly diverse data in multiple types and formats, and sources
• Good experience on AWS cloud managed services for data processing and analytics
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with people of diverse skill sets
• Skills to analyze complex problems using information provided, understand customer requests, and provide the appropriate solution
• Excellent communication skills to engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their objectives and assist delivering data products
• AWS cloud architect certification
• CMS experience
• Experience with Databricks
• Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years’ experience or 10+ years of experience in data processing and analytics field
• 5+ years of architecting Data lake and warehouse solutions with Spark, Hadoop, HQL
• 5+ years of experience solutioning reusable frameworks for event driven data processing
• 4+ years of experience is solutioning data products with AWS cloud managed services like EMR, Redshift, Redshift spectrum, Athena, Lambda big data experience.
Company Profile (www.sparksoftcorp.com):
Founded in 2004, Sparksoft is a Small Business (WOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, HUBZone, 8(a), Women-Owned, and Minority-owned business (SWaM), MBE/DBE/SBE holding prime contracts with SPARC, GSA and Navy Seaport-e.
Lead by a team with over 20 years of industry experience, we have a proven track record in software development and managing multi-year projects. We work in both federal and commercial spaces, providing innovative solutions in Agile Software Testing, Software Engineering, Program Management, Security & Privacy Solutions, Delivery Management and Health IT. We have dedicated Centers of Excellence in software testing, independent verification and validation, and security and privacy, that are designed to fulfil the IT needs of any commercial or government field.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.