Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago.
“Energetic, fast paced and fun environment, with excellent benefits and team delivering exceptional care!”
SUMMARY: This clinic based athletic trainer would be working closely with an orthopedic surgeon and PA team as a medical assistant. Responsibilities may include DME application, casting, reviewing outside imaging studies & other Diagnostics and routing them to the MD or PA, back up the Rx line, crutch training and home exercise program teaching, supporting the PA’s calls during the day and covering a provider in lieu of an MA. This role coordinates clinical care activities within the practice to ensure a smoothly functioning clinical work flow and good patient relations. The clinical assistant serves as resource in team environment, adapts to changes in technology and software to ensure efficient office practice. May serve in lead capacity to orient, train, and direct new clinical staff or other office staff when needed.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Assists providers as assigned, providing quality hands-on patient care as required.
§ Templates medical history and medication in eMDs system as well as CC, HPI
§ Takes casts off and applies cast as requested by providers
§ Maintains effective relationships with patients, providers and staff.
§ Assists patients, patients' families, referring physicians, and third party carriers to resolve patient related issues.
· Ensures confidentiality of all SSO related activities.
· Communicates continually with all clinical team as needed through earpieces and in person as needed.
· Demonstrates understanding of SSO policies and procedures including but not limited to HIPAA, OSHA and other SSO compliance policies and procedures.
· Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations.
· Obtain PT/INR results on surgical patients that are on Coumadin.
· Help other staff with any clinical issues that arise.
· Accurately completes FMLA/Disability forms within 3-5 days
· Medication refills as requested by providers
· Session Preparation for physicians
· OTHER SIMILAR AND RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
· Serves as a template resource in templating medications, medical history in quick and efficient manner.
· Calls patients and meets with patients in person to gather medical history and medications.
· Oversees utilization of eMDs medical record management system
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill & Abilities);
· Education: Graduate of an accredited Athletic Training program with current licensure in the state of Massachusetts
Experience: 1 year experience preferred. New grads welcome to apply.
Certifications: NATABOC certifed; CPR certified
· Computer literate: Knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
· Excellent Customer Service skills.
· Clinical Workflow
· Accurate and efficient typing skills
· Excellent computer knowledge and skills
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
· Sits, stands, bends, reaches and moves intermittently throughout the work day
· Occasionally lifts and /or moves up to 15 pounds.
· Must be able to see, hear, and walk or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
· Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases.
· Thorough and dependable
· Good organizational skills
· Must be detail-oriented
· Good judgment skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy medical office
· Strong customer service skills: ability to work effectively with family, patients, staff and providers
· Ability to express oneself clearly and in writing.
· Ability to work with and maintain patient confidentiality
· The ability to work as a team member
· Excellent computer skills
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Numerous interruptions may be expected since the employee is continuously interactive with staff and providers
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidate must submit to reference check and criminal background check.
About South Shore Orthopedics
South Shore Orthopedics is a group practice with a dynamic and progressive culture. The highest quality orthopedic care is delivered with a modern and efficient approach. Each and every member of our organization exhibits honesty, integrity and respectful behavior. Our team will continue to grow and advance to meet the musculoskeletal needs of our community.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality orthopedic care in an accessible, safe, respectful and efficient manner.
As a group orthopedic practice, it is critical that our organization functions as a team and we collectively strive to create a work environment that is cooperative and collegial. Effective communication is vital. Each and every member of our team understands the competitive nature of our industry and, therefore, strives for excellence, both as an individual and on behalf of South Shore Orthopedics.
Professional development at all levels is supported and encouraged to deliver the safest and highest clinical care.
Our patients, our referring physicians and their offices are our customers. Their referrals are vital to our success. They will always be treated with respect and compassion.
Success and vitality are assured through a fiscally conservative management, anticipation of opportunities and flexibility to change.
Hard work will be rewarded, humor and fun appreciated and mutual respect demanded.
Company address: 2 Pond Park Road Suite 102 Hingham, MA 02043
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Athletic Trainer jobs in Hingham MA USA:
Advance Physical Therapy and Sport Rehab. in Boston, MA
Posted 25 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Signature Healthcare in Brockton, MA
Posted 1 year ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA
360 PERFORMANCE TRAINING in Norwood, MA
Posted 22 days ago on ZipRecruiter