The Firmware Verification Engineer of Sotera Wireless will develop, implement, perform, and document both automated and manual software verification tests for the company’s proprietary embedded software. The verification engineer will be required to collaborate with all product development teams: embedded software, systems software, hardware, data science, and software quality assurance.
The position of Firmware Verification Engineer of Sotera Wireless, Inc. is a mid-level position within the company and requires a full-time commitment (40+ per week). The qualified person must have experience in a related field and an educational background supportive of the job qualifications and responsibilities outlined below.
· Programming ability with C and Python
· Knowledge of embedded systems
· Knowledge of real-time operating systems
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Design and develop automated test systems for the company’s proprietary software
· Design and program automated software tests for company’s proprietary software
· Design and execute software verification protocols & tests for company’s proprietary software
· Test, analyze, and debug software
· Write documentation related to verification activities in compliance with quality and regulatory standards to meet FDA requirements
· Utilize software source control (for example: GIT, SVN)
Required experiential background:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
· 1+ years of experience in software verification
Preferred experiential background:
· Knowledge of WiFi and 802.11 protocols
About Sotera Wireless:
Sotera Wireless, Inc. is a San Diego, California based health technology company dedicated to detecting early signs of patient deterioration in any acute care setting. Our goal is to help hospitals to improve patient safety across the enterprise with minimum impact to the alarm burden, clinical workflow, or technical support. If we can help nurses detect patient deterioration early enough, further complications can be avoided. The Sotera team includes leaders in patient monitoring technology as well as and clinical leaders that understand the challenges of introducing technology and practice change into hospitals.