We are actively looking for a Principal Platform Engineer to help build easy to use, robust and scalable web platforms. The ideal candidate will be passionate about exploring the latest technologies, solving the toughest software challenges, and have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software on time. In a word, you will be developing web platforms and frameworks that powers one of the largest ecommerce platform that generates more than a billion pages per day while participating in architecture discussions and working closely with other platform initiatives.
This is a Senior level, highly visible full time opportunity with our client, a publicly traded company.
Excellent benefits and perks offered.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, develop company's next-generation web platform.
- Continue to evolve platform to conform to the new emerging standards in HTML5, CSS3, and adopt the latest and greatest web technologies in the industry
- Propose and lead new technical initiatives on the platform framework areas
- Help advance technical culture and the technical industry through presentations, blogging, conferences, and other social participation
- Other usual engineering activities – scoping, prioritizing, planning, bug fixing, documentation, having fun
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of large scale, full lifecycle web-based system development experience
- 5+ years of Java development, and 3+ years as a tech lead or architect
- Deep knowledge of web frameworks, web technologies, J2EE technologies, RDBMS, NoSQL, SOA and Web Services
- Great architecture sense, very familiar with design patterns, OO modeling principles, and software engineering methodologies
- A successful track record of creating frameworks, infrastructure services, and APIs that enable modular, extensible design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to describe complex concepts in a concise fashion with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Parsers and compilers, Web Services and globalization / localization are a plus
Please send us your resume to:
About Sohum Inc.:
Staffing and Recruiting firm helping clients with the right candidates for their full time and Contract positions.
Posted 3 years ago