Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Position Overview The Network Administrator / IT Tech will plan and coordinate the configuration and operations of all personal computers and computer networks for individual departments and branch offices. She/he will provide technical service support; installation, maintenance, and software training support; and monitors/develops procedures for personal computer and network management. Additional responsibility includes consulting department managers on the software applications, peripheral equipment, security functions and future requirements in departmental area. She/he will provide technical expertise for all network users in the areas of training, problem resolution, hardware and software upgrades, ensuring that personal computers and networks are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses.
· Supports users with technical advice and problem resolution.
· Monitors the utilization of all networks to detect potential errors or problems and provides necessary prevention guidelines. Monitor networks to determine upgrade requirements and general utilization issues.
· Plans and maintains all networks of PC's.
· Ensures that backup, recovery and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary.
· Works with all offices to investigate, review needs, obtain price quotes, make recommendations, install, and maintain personal computers and networks.
· Provides new application ideas to company so that technology can be utilized to gain better efficiency and improve company productivity.
· Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
· Installs new software applications, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
· Assists with personal computer related programming issues and projects as requested.
· Responsible for 80 to 90 personal computers and associated servers, printers and peripherals, numerous software packages and the daily operation of all networks.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is required
· 0-3 years of progressively responsible computer operations and networking management experience.
· Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, communications and hardware selections and installation.
· Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and strong organizational skills.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Cisco, Windows server, Linux, VMware, Veeam, DFS, Peerlock experience a plus
· Medical/dental/vision insurance
· Paid vacation, holiday, and personal time
· 401(K) retirement savings plan
SmartWatt Energy, Inc. is an energy service company that develops demand side energy reduction solutions for large commercial and industrial, small business and municipal customers.
Browse it technician jobs in Albany, New York:
BluePlanet - Albany, NY
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
ITS Technologies - Albany, NY
Posted 3 days ago on Monster
Switch Technologies Inc - Nassau, NY
Posted 26 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply