Position Description Develop and implement programs designed to ensure conformance to applicable federal, state, local standards related to environmental compliance, occupational health and safety (I.e. OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, etc.). Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed by planning and administering health and safety programs designed to reduce the risk of injury and incidents rates. Develop and deliver training to ensure knowledge of applicable standards and regulatory requirements, as well as safe work habits.
Health and Safety
- Coordinate and implement the Health & Safety (H&S) program(s)
- Continuously update policies and procedures and/or establishing new policies and procedures
- Enhance and manage our weekly tool box safety talk program. Responsible for administering tool box talks, including setting the topics, managing the filing of weekly records and enforcing the tool box talk policy.
- Conduct frequent (at least monthly) training sessions on H&S topics
- Conduct frequent (at least monthly) internal audits or inspections
- Investigate all incidents and near misses while ensuring proper follow-up and implementation of corrective actions
- Assist in ensuring operational compliance with customer requirements and H&S regulations
- Compile H&S statistics and utilize the information for improvements needed.
- Ensure that appropriate training is completed and tracked for all employees
- Ensure that Respirator Fit Testing is done on employees as needed
- Assist in maintaining and calibrating all monitoring equipment
- Research H&S requirements and issues as needed
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Compile regulatory agency logs and forms for H&S reporting, including OSHA required forms.
- Maintain and update safety metrics
- Maintain and update equipment inspection checklists
- Assist in pre-qualification process for potential projects
- Coordinate PPE purchases and supplies by working with suppliers and managers.
- Associate degree in Business, Construction Management or related field
- 3 – 7 years of experience in health and safety
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and NFPA
- Skilled in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance
Talents and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Construction Management or related field
- Authorized OSHA10 and OSHA30 Trainer
- A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
- Above average communication skills
- A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- High energy and action oriented
- A very strong knowledge of basic computer software and practices with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel