The Project Associate is an entry-level opportunity offering training in energy efficiency solutions sales, leadership, and project development; the ultimate goal for the Project Associate is a fast-tracked career in Project and Program Management with SmartWatt Energy, Inc. He or She will develop mechanical and lighting efficiency projects by identifying, assessing and structuring technical and financial solutions for customers' energy efficiency needs. The Project Associate will need a strong technical background and the communication/business skills to translate customer needs into technical guidelines for our implementation team.
The Project Associate will be responsible for prospecting and networking to develop business opportunities and provide engineering and technical experience to assist business opportunities through the sales and engineering process. This will include performing tasks in sales, the project design processes, the project management process and general administrative duties.
· On-site investigation and documentation of commercial and industrial mechanical/lighting systems, including building audits.
· Oversee and/or perform the design and budgeting of projects.
· Detailed engineering analysis including baseline profiles, end-use analysis and retrofit analysis.
· Responsible for developing of proposals, reports and presentations.
· Prepare project technical write-ups and detailed project costing.
· Work with Management to develop market growth plans.
· Cultivate and foster customer relationships.
· Network within industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Business or a related field
· Internship, classroom, or co-op experience with Energy Conservation projects is preferred
· Valid Driver’s License; Travel required with employee’s automobile
Talent and Skills
· A highly self-motivated and ambitious individual
· A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
· Professional presence
· High energy and action oriented
· Financial planning and budget experience with the ability to develop a business case
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
SmartWatt is an energy systems optimization company. We help maximize the value of our customers' energy systems, which are measured in human, energy, and financial terms. Energy Systems Optimizations ensures that organizations save more, customers do more and people thrive.
Posted 3 years ago