Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Lighting Technician Jobs in Burlington, VT
Lighting Technician - Vermont
Lighting Technician Position Overview:
The Lighting Technician and Foreman (Levels 1-3) will be responsible for all tasks required to successfully install energy conservation lighting projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in the safest possible manner while following all Company and OSHA guidelines.
• Complete all work according to National Electrical Code (NEC) guidelines.
• Report to Foreman, Supervisor and/or Director to receive daily/weekly assignments.
• Maintain a clean and prepared jobsite and eliminate all possible hazards.
• Perform a variety of tasks involving the use of hand tools, power tools and equipment used to retrofit, replace and repair lighting fixtures.
• Proper installation of lamps, ballasts and other lighting components of within various fixture types.
• Assist with loading and unloading of trucks/vans and staging material.
• Properly maintain all company property provided to perform job.
• Interact in a professional and respectful manner with coworkers and customers.
• Participate in weekly safety meetings and training as required.
• Complete all company required safety training programs.
• High School Diploma or equival
• 1 -- 10 years of related experience and/or training
• Valid Driver's License and reliable automobile
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Work safely from ladders and various lifts
• Mechanical abilities are preferred
• Ability to pass a background test and drug test
• Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends if needed
Talent and Skills
• A highly self-motivated and ambitious individual
• A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
• High energy and action oriented
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Extensive travel is required for this position. The individual is required to get to the scheduled jobsite on-time.
What we do?
SmartWatt is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
Why we do it?
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts donât follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises - and we keep them. We earn our customers' business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
Our Benefits and Perks...
At SmartWatt, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Check out our benefits page for a list of ways that SmartWatt supports your health, your future and how we have some fun while doing it!
In true SmartWatt fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employeeâs needs. We reward our teamâs hard work and talent in a way that is valuable to them.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Lighting Technician jobs in Burlington, Vermont: