The Director of Risk and Analytics is responsible for the ownership and oversight of all risk related aspects of the company’s lease portfolio.
Responsible for the development and implementation of risk management strategies which control for acquisition risk, facilitate portfolio growth, and optimize for profitability or successful entry into new markets/channels. Monitor and redevelop credit risk models as appropriate.
Establish scalable fraud-prevention framework which allows for expansion into potentially high-risk markets, whether physical retail or e-commerce. Provide proactive analysis that lead to insights that directly improve portfolio and company’s financial performance
· Development and implementation of risk score cards used to underwrite leases at the point of sale in a b-b-c environment
· Develop, maintain and operate consumer fraud prevention and mitigation systems
· Proactively identify trends in data and draw meaningful insights about the risk performance of the portfolio
· Identify opportunities for optimizing acquisition flow through customer experience and/or risk reduction
· Work with Business Development to develop and structure product offerings which meet the needs of both SmartPay and potential partners
· Identify new sources of data that enhance existing capabilities, from acquisition to ongoing portfolio management and collections.
Education and Experience
BS in Mathematics, Engineering, Data Sciences or related field, and at least 5 years experience in the data sciences area and at least 3 years, management and strategic experience in this field
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong understanding of data structures and data science
· Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
· Strong technical data skills
· Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
· Strong writing and presentation skills.
Posted date: 3 hours ago