SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Senior Level C# Developer for a position with our client in Virginia Beach, VA.
Utilizes experience with technologies such as C#, Visual Basic, AJAX, CSS, XML, TSQL, etc. to provide patches and upgrades to existing systems. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including testing, debugging and documenting. Supports and/or installs software applications. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and services.
* Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
* Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
* Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
* Take responsibility for on time delivery assignments.
* Clarify specifications of assigned tasks as necessary.
* Communicate status of assignments with team leaders.
* Work with other team members to ensure a common solution across systems.
* Knowledge of Microsoft development tools (.NET Framework, C#, SQL Server, IIS)
* Knowledge of reporting development tools (SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports)
* Understanding of relational database design and construction.
* Experience developing website applications on the windows server platform
* Thorough knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
* Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Other Education, Skills, Experience Desired
* BS Computer Science or relevant experience