Sorry, this job was closed 6 months ago. See all open Director of Business Development Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
Director of Business Development
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
The role of Sr. Director of Business Development is a senior technical role within the InnoPartners team at SK Telecom Americas. InnoPartners is a strategic seed fund/incubator for early stage core technology startups in the field of IoT, smart devices/cars, cyber security, datacenter/cloud, e-commerce, next generation wireless, etc. Reporting to the Vice President of InnoPartners, the Director of Business Development is expected to have in-depth knowledge of latest technology trends and be able to assess the viability/feasibility of the proposed technology of startups. In this high-impact position you'll be on the front lines of helping to source new leads, evaluate pitches, and develop the investment deck. You’ll be responsible for recruiting, not only entrepreneurs and startups, but also the strategic partners and experts we use to support our deal flow. The candidate must also be able to conduct research on the future trend and set new investment focus area. The candidate must be resourceful and well-connected in the Silicon Valley VC and Entrepreneur community.
· Evaluate technical & business feasibility of startup’s business proposal
· Conduct research on innovation trends and recommend next investment focus areas
· Lead technical due diligence and deal flow for the investments to startups
· Develop investment memo for investment committee
· Write periodic technology research reports to the team and company
· Build a network of expert groups in Silicon Valley for technology assessment capabilities
· Attend relevant conferences and build domain expertise
· Find startups in the investment focus areas
· Help existing portfolio startups to meet the milestone objectives by providing technological information
· 10-15 years experience in relevant field
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering plus MBA or related advanced degrees are preferred
· Deep technology knowledge required
· Strong, active ties to startup and VC communities, preferably in the Bay Area.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
· Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write executive reports, business correspondence, and presentation materials
· Strong inter-personal, strategy oriented technology and business skills
· The ability to work effectively and cooperatively - enthusiastic and passionate team player
About SKTA Innopartners LLC:
SKTA Innopartners is both an accelerator and a seed fund. In addition to investing and providing business infrastructure services, we pair our portfolio companies with an industry leading company as a strategic partner who provides technical and marketing guidance throughout the accelerator period. While most venture capital investors currently shy away from core technology investments, we believe the need for innovation here is greater than ever. SKTA Innopartners' goal is to reinvigorate the funding environment in core technologies and is actively seeking out entrepreneurial minded professionals.
Posted 7 months ago
Browse Director of Business Development jobs in Sunnyvale, California: