Full-time SQL Database Administrator needed asap. This is an intermediate position requiring 2+ years experience as a SQL DBA. The salary range is $70k-$80k depending on experience. Work will be done in a production environment so some previous production experience is necessary.
Description of Job Duties
- Installation, configuration and management of database software (MS SQL server 2005/2008) in enterprise environment.
- Troubleshooting database and application issues.
- Proactive monitoring of databases and analyze the performance statistics.
- Performance tuning and query optimization.
- Setup and implement backup and recovery plans
- Capacity planning and forecasting database resources
- Configuration and management of disaster recovery databases
- Installation, configuration and management of cluster databases
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents, requests, fulfilling request and resolving incidents within SLAs.
- Responding to related alerts, escalations and working with other teams to come up with solutions
- 24x7 on-call support
Note: An IT degree or equivalent experience working in a DBA capacity is required.
Skillsniper combines proprietary technology and a high level targeting capabilities in the staffing industry to help companies around the U.S. locate employees that fit their exact needs.