Posted 2 years ago in Engineering
Role and Responsibilities:
· Perform conceptual, preliminary and detailed process design of units and unit operations for gas plants, chemical and petrochemical plants.
- Develop process flow diagrams and P&IDs.
- Size process equipment and prepare data sheets.
- Perform heat and material balance, hydraulic and relief protection calculations.
- Develop process simulation models and optimize designs using commercial process simulation software.
· Insure that the work of other engineering disciplines satisfies process requirements.
· May be required to interface with the client on process issues or visit plant site to resolve issues and obtain any missing required data.
· Prepare calculation results for checking and strive for continuous improvement to minimize errors found during checking. Also possibly check the work of others if some delegated to less experienced engineers.
· Complete final report of results that clearly documents the results of the work and adequately addresses all of the client’s needs and concerns.
Qualifications and Education Requirements: BS in Chemical Engineering.
Preferred Skills: Knowledgeable in process engineering design calculations and methods as well as industry standards and recommended practices. Proficient in use of process engineering software, especially HYSYS for process simulation.
license/certification/security card needed: Have or able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC). Long term contract to permanent position.
Skansi Staffing is a contract personnel recruiting firm, specializing in the recruiting and placement of professional/technical employees that serve the needs of the offshore oil & gas and petrochemical industries. We provide all disciplines of engineers, checkers, designers, drafters, project coordinators, planning/scheduling and procurement employees for temporary or temp-to-perm employment.
Browse process engineer jobs in New Orleans, Louisiana:
URS - New Orleans, LA
Posted 18 days ago on Portfolium
AECOM - New Orleans, LA
Posted 2 months ago on Monster
Confidential Company - New Orleans, LA
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply