Description: Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant Job Purpose: Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recording monthly credit card expense transactions.
- Assisting in major bank reconciliations.
- Matching and verifying cash expenses.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develop and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other various accounting projects as needed
- Accounting, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills