Sorry, this job was closed 1 month ago. See all open Linux System Engineer Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Systems Engineer - Linux, Shell, JBOSS/TOMCAT, Apache, DevOps
We are hiring again! This time we're looking for a Systems Engineer (LINUX DevOps ROCKSTAR) with experience in managing high traffic, high availability environments. This individual will work within a team comprised of individuals who possess a deep understanding across a broad category of technologies, best practices, and patterns. You will be part of a team responsible for supporting the engines that keep our (very large) Entertainment Client's sites and applications roaring. In addition to implementing and supporting these technologies, you will work closely with the development teams throughout a product’s lifecycle to ensure rapid application development, and consistent predictable operations. A truly amazing combination for a truly amazing candidate!
Please Note: Local applicants only. Please read entire job description before applying.
Here are the mandatory skill sets:
- Extensive Linux Systems Administration
- Linux/Unix Sys Admin support at the Apps (MIDDLEWARE)
- Strong Shell scripting Knowledge and Experience
- Jboss or Tomcat app server knowledge
- Apache web server knowledge
- Direct hands-on experience
- Strong People Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quick Learner & Self-Starter - This is a "no baby sitting" position
- Opportunity to be a part of the New DevOps Agile Systems Admin Methodology - Great Learning Experience!
Our position is located in West Los Angeles, California. The position is a CONTRACT POSITION and has a VERY COMPETITIVE annual salary depending upon experience and qualifications (range up to $140k/year). PLEASE NOTE: Must be local to the area as this position requires being onsite (and we are not offering relocation for this position), must be legally able to work full-time in the US (as this is a contract to hire opportunity). DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE A STAFFING COMPANY (we will black list you from future opportunities)! We will consider Corp To Corp for Contract Portion of this position.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH:
Digital Asset Management (DAM) Systems: Open Text (OTMM), etc
Scripting: BASH, PERL, Ruby, Python, awk, and/or sed.
RDBMS: Oracle 11, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: Linux / UNIX, Windows Server.
Server Virtualization: VMWare, OpenVZ, or Xen.
Middleware: Jboss EAP 6, Jboss AS 4.
Repositories: Git/Stash, Nexus, or SVN.
Storage: SAN, NAS
DevOps: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Maven, Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Rundeck, HP CDA, AWS, Docker.
Monitoring: Applications Manager and/or Nagios.
Networking: DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, Load Balancing, Reverse Proxy configuration.
Security: WAF, Reverse Proxies, Web Security.
Debugging: Fiddler, Wireshark, or Firebug
· Have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Familiar with Kanban and Agile project management methodologies.
· Familiar with ticketing systems such as JIRA or Service Now.
· Documentation skills such as Visio.
· To show that you read this whole job description, please include the word VARNISH in your application.
More Bonus Points (Wow factor!) if you also know:
· Experience with cloud computing concepts such as elastic compute instances, object stores, queuing / messaging services.
· Digital Asset Management experience using Artesia 6.8 / OTMM
· Video streaming using Adaptive Streaming technologies such as HLS, ISMV, MPEG-DASH.
· Background using CDN solutions from Akamai, Level 3, Amazon Cloud Front, or Limelight.
· Familiar with configuring reverse proxies using Apache Web Server, knows how to use mod_rewrite and mod_proxy.
· Experience using file transfer tools such as Aspera Connect, Aspera Faspex, Signiant Agent + Managers, or Media Exchange.
· Understanding using transcoding and introspection tools such as ImageMagick, ffmpeg, MediaInfo, or Flip Factory.
· Search background using FAST ESP, Solr, or Google Search Appliance.
· Knowledge of how load balancing works. Experience with F5 BIG-IP is a plus.
· Log Management using Splunk, Log Stash, or syslog.d.
About Silicon Beach Solutions:
Silicon Beach Solutions offers very competitive compensation (W2/1099/C2C) and we truly value our team members!
If you feel you are a good fit... then don't hesitate to APPLY here, however, make sure you meet the minimum requirements first!
This position requires conducting a background check as part of job acceptance.
This position requires being onsite during normal business hours and possibly some remote off-hours support.
No Staffing Companies. No H1-B Transfers. No Relocation. Interviews will be a combination of phone and onsite (NO video conference interviews will be permitted). Candidate must be local.
Posted date: 2 months ago
Browse Linux System Engineer jobs in Los Angeles, California:
Windows Systems / DevOps Engineer
HERO.jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior System Engineer
TekPartners, A P2P Company in Glendale, CA
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services in Playa Vista, CA
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter