THIS IS STRICTLY FOR WINDOWS 7 APPLICATIONS PACKAGING PROFESSIONALS
SIIT Consulting has vacant roles for Windows 7 Applications Packager in Westport CT. Contract length is 12-18 months.
Monday to Friday
Rate; $350-$400 per day
Client will put you up and fly you back and forth from anywhere in the country
We are seeking talented individuals with the capability to drive operational processes to the next level while working through a multi-year backlog of packages. The position requires a strong operational mindset, coupled with broad technical knowledge including packaging, scripting, and core Windows OS knowledge. Communication with requestors is a large portion of the responsibilities and advanced troubleshooting of Windows XP and Windows 7 is needed for developing packages. Experience with Server 2003 a plus. At least five years of hands on experience dealing with packaging for Windows desktops is required.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think quickly on his/her feet and be able to rapidly develop user requirements and changes in technology. Interacting with various internal departments (including IT, Operations, Physical Security, Data Security, Business Technology, etc), continually improving organizational processes based on feedback, diagnostic results, and a changing environment will be ongoing requirements.
Understanding and integrating our Principles into day-to-day operations is a core component of this role. The ability to objectively examine issues and determine facts for continual self-improvement is a fundamental responsibility for this and all of our employees.
· Package applications to support all major IT projects initiatives, but most specifically Windows 7.
· Work with business units to collect requirements for new applications and existing applications that need to be installed for multiple users providing support for Software Deployment and Desktop Builds.
· Validate installers under the various platforms that comprise our environment.
· Participate in the UAT for the application and work with requestor to ensure defects fixed before mass deployment.
· Achieve measured success against Service Level Objective (SLO) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) service delivery metrics
· Coordinate with business and IT groups to determine their needs and verify Desktop Operations service delivery alignment
· Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
· 5 years of hands on experience in a production environment dealing with packaging for Windows desktops is required
· Pursuit of excellence in all situations
· Demonstrating candor with a relentless desire for the truth
· Holds people accountable for actions
· Act like an owner when making all decisions
· Open to criticism
· Conducts self in an open, transparent manner
· High ethics and integrity
· Reflective ability to understand one's own weaknesses
· Strong goal orientation
· Deliver consistently on commitments; set clear and high expectations and hold self and others accountable for decisions and results achieved within (and beyond) areas of responsibility
· Show an objective approach to decisions with an ability to logically reconcile multiple points of view
· Ability to function within a high-security environment and include security considerations in decision making
· Ability to think conceptually
· Ability to understand current technology and how to apply it to organizational business challenges
· Ability to deliver a clear, concise synopsis (synthesis) of a situation
· Ability to drive and implement change in an organization
· Ability to remain calm and agile in times of stress
· Ability to multitask and maintain a level of urgency across items
· Ability to prioritize the most important actions while handling many tasks simultaneously
· Ability to lead work efforts and tasks to completion with a results-oriented mindset
· Ability to explain thought process that led to decisions and actions
· Ability to approach and solve problems both individually and as part of a team
· Expertise building and running a workplace delivery environment
· Deep understanding of, and familiarity with, all aspects of software and desktop lifecycle issues
· Successful track record of setting strategic organizational goals supported by tactical execution plans which achieve delivery success
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent logical and critical thinking skills
· Windows Installer Packaging and customization
· Application Packaging and Software Distribution Tools (e.g. LanDesk/SCCM, Wise/AdminStudio, etc)
· Scripting expertise (Vbscript, powershell, batch)
· Windows XP / 7, Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010
· Desktop Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware ESX/Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare View/Citrix XenDesktop,etc)
· Workstation Provisioning Technologies (e.g. PXE, MDT, WIM, etc)
Prior senior technical hands-on experience is an advantage.
About SIIT Consulting:
SIIT Consulting is an IT staffing and recruitment firm that specializes in utilizing its staff's vast hands-on experience and skills in the IT industry to attract the best and most qualified IT Professionals and placing them in Contract, Temp-to-Perm and Direct positions. There are no fees for our candidates, just opportunities.
At SIIT, you'll find people you can trust, people who will reply your emails and return your phone calls. walk you in on your first day and give prompt response to any issues. We put a lot of effort into hiring the right people, and we're sure you'll notice the difference.