Posted 1 year ago in Information Technology
The Network Operator provides network monitoring of the PENNDOT network and Web pages.
Acts as a central point of contact for the BIS Help Desk, other team members, and developers to report issues and concerns that require immediate attention.
1. Maintains LAN accounts
A. Monitors Network Operator’s mailbox for user account requests
B. Routes requests to the appropriate resource.
C. Processes requests within established standard timeframes
D. Notify requestor when accounts are completed.
E. Updates request ticket status when tasks are completed.
F. Enforces user account creation process policies.
2. Monitors the PENNDOT Network and server performance
A. Uses the Serverdown application to check all PENNDOT servers every 10 minutes for activity. Updates the Serverdown list.
B. Manual Web checks of PENNDOT web pages based on standard schedule.
C. Frequently checks the Help Desk system for tickets that may indicate an undetected issue.
D. Responds to outages and system failures through the problem escalation process.
E. Uses Tivoli Enterprise Console to monitor network/server status.
3. Acts a point of communication for the PENNDOT BIS network activities.
A. Monitors the developer hotline during coverage hours.
B. Sends out network status/notification messages.
C. Monitors network engineer locations to facilitate contact if necessary. Notifies engineers when problems are detected.
D. Works closely with BIS Help Desk for problem detection and resolution.
E. Monitors email for Director/Powerchute messages.
4. Performs tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the PENNDOT network.
A. Starts jobs and monitors logs to ensure the successful completion of jobs.
B. Backs up printer configurations for file and print servers and county offices using the print migratory utility.
C. Monitors groups for unauthorized accounts.
D. Monitors intrusion detection system.
E. Manages the sending and receiving of EDMS optical disks for offsite storage.
F. Checks for anti-virus updates.
G. Monitors server room temperature.
H. Removes old and unused computer names.
I. Updates Network Operator documentation.
J. Supports implementation of specific projects as required.
5. Grants access to the PENNDOT server farm for visitors and deliveries based upon the visitor policy.
6. Trains new Network Operators.
7. Performs other duties as required.
1. Completion of a high school level of course work with attainment of a high school diploma or possession of a state High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is required. Additional course work or technical training computer science or PC hardware is required.
2. A minimum of two years of experience as a network operator is required.
3. Specific knowledge required in the following areas:
• LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console, MS SMS, MS SharePoint, MS Outlook, Crystal Enterprise, Active Directory, Remedy, MS Windows, network security.
4. The ability to read and understand and technical manuals and schematics is required.
5. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
6. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required.
Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call and overtime may be required.
About SF Staffing Solutions
At SF Staffing Solutions, we truly believe that a companys greatest asset is its employees. As such, SF Staffing Solutions seeks to identify and hire highly qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds for employment with our clients.
We believe that sourcing not just qualified candidates, but individuals from a diverse background enables our clients to have the very best talent in their field/industry.
We identify ways that we can work with our clients to reduce costs and streamline hiring and payroll functions while maintaining a high level of proficiency in their workforce.
We value honesty, teamwork, integrity and professionalism as a company, and we insist that our employees reflect these same values.
SF Staffing Solutions offers you much more than a list of services. You'll find that we back our workforce management solutions with unparalleled depth of experience.
We enrich our product offerings by maintaining strategic alliances with companies as varied as CB Richard Ellis, Turtle & Hughes and Unicorn HRO.
And our management team comes from a variety of industries, bringing with them the insider knowledge and connections that create staffing success.
Browse network operator jobs in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania:
Cygnus Professionals - Harrisburg, PA
Posted 1 month ago on TechFetch.com
E&H Transport Network, Inc. - HARRISBURG, PA
Posted 9 months ago on ClassADrivers.com
Army National Guard - York, PA
Posted 4 months ago on TopUSAJobs