Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Excavator Jobs in Houston, TX
Hydro Excavation Safety/DOT/FMCSA Coordinator
We are currently seeking a Safety/DOT Coordinator in Houston to join the T-Rex Team. Position will report to the Safety Manager.
Position will be responsible for the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- DOT (FMCSA) min. 3 years Exp.
- Createand conduct weekly safety meetings for San Antonio office
- Conduct daily safety observations inspections/audits and documents them in a database.
- Interact with customer and inspectors on safety policy and procedures for jobsite.
- Oversee and direct safety practices, processes and rules as required to meet
"ZERO" injuries on all activities.
- Work with Managers and Field Supervisors to achieve safety goals.
- Manage detailed task level, day-to-day Personnel Safety Programs to ensure safe execution of work.
- Coach and advise all employees on Personnel Safety Programs to increase/ improve
- Work toward providing customer satisfaction with projects.
- Conduct and document investigations
of incidents and ensures follow-up actions to prevent re-occurrences.
- DOT FMCSA experience min 3 years
- 2-3 years of HSE in construction experience, OSHA certification for CHSO, CSST an
associate or bachelor degree program for the relevant discipline
- Knowledge of OSHA construction safety practices and willingness to enforce those practices.
- Familiar with a variety of construction field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstration of the ability to solve problems and make decisions at a task force level.
- Adaptable to changes.
- Strong initiative and able to work with very little oversight.
- MUST have a valid and current Driver’s license
- Must be able to travel and work extended hours when needed
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ableto effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
About Service Industry:
T-Rex Services is a well-established Hydro Excavation company providing the highest level of vacuum excavation and industrial vacuum services industry-wide. T-Rex Services is the leader and preferred contractor in Texas and Western Oklahoma based upon achievement, safety and customer satisfaction. T-Rex Services is based in Houston with locations in San Antonio, West Texas, Dallas, Beaumont, Carrizo Springs and Western Oklahoma.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Excavator jobs in Houston, Texas: