Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Intern Jobs in Carlsbad, CA
Our pay per click department is experiencing extremely rapid growth and we are looking for a talented Paid Search Intern to join our high caliber team. The role is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who has an interest to be challenged and grow in a fast paced environment. Come work with one of the emerging Thought Leaders in the Paid Media space and gain real world experience across a broad range of industries.
This PPC Intern will assist with the execution of pay per click marketing tactics to achieve client goals in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Facebook. This individual will work closely with an industry leading team and learn the process for optimizing client accounts in AdWords, Bing Ads, and other paid media platforms.
This role requires an individual who can clearly communicate data trends and account improvement ideas for reporting back to our clients. The candidate should also be analytical and comfortable working with Excel as well as Web and desktop software interfaces to build, organize, and execute changes to large sets of data.
In addition to helping analyze data for our clients, you will help with formulating plans with our sales team for ideal media clients and industries to target. You will learn a great deal about how certain industries spend millions of dollars online and how to go after those industries. That invaluable experience will breach you into wanting to take more of a sales or account management role at our company or another agency someday.
Our internships are paid. You take the opportunity more seriously then, and we take it more seriously as well. Even if you've graduated college, this is a great entry level position that could turn into a full time Analyst position.
- Perform keyword and competitive intelligence research using tools and general internet research
- Research client websites - understand business models and marketing objectives
- Assist in creation of weekly and monthly client performance reports
- Perform Search Query Analysis and Placement reports to find new keywords, negative keywords, potential placement sites and negative placements.
- Write advertising copy and split testing ads, pursuing constant improvement in number of clicks, click through rate, cost per click, conversion rate, and profit per impression through statistically significant data
- Analyze additional reports such as geographic, keyword performance reporting to suggest bid changes, bid/ad scheduling and other strategic action items
- Assist Director of PPC and Sales team in identifying growing industries to target
- Must be Internet savvy and have a desire to work on the Internet
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, and other products of the Microsoft suite
- Strong mathematics, statistical literacy, and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically, work somewhat independently, and act as a leader within our team
- High attention to detail, good listening skills, and can follow directions exactly
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work 24 hours per work week
PREFERRED TO HAVE:
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, or other equivalent work/past internships
- Certified in AdWords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, or Marin
- Knowledge of PPC, SEO, or Website Optimization
- Expert experience with Excel, macro’s, shortcuts, or VBA/SQL
- Bi-lingual or multi-cultural experience
- Gain beginner to intermediate level knowledge of new-age internet marketing techniques through books, online content, hands-on training, and live development
- Become Google AdWords and Bing Certified by end of Internship (or 18 weeks)
- 90% Grade Completion on a Custom Paid Search Campaign Project
- Keyword research a specific industry niche
- Develop competitive strategy for launching a new advertising campaign online
- Build out the campaign’s keyword list, ad copy, set bids, and monitor after it’s live
- Conclude with a 2 page synopsis of the entire campaign’s focus, USP, and determined success levels (ROI) and present to Director of PPC to overview
About SEO Inc.:
Since 1997, Search Engine Optimization Inc. has been one of the leading professional search engine optimization, search engine marketing and social media marketing firms in the world. With numerous awards and continued recognition including being recognized as an Inc. 500 member we boast a global client base ranging from Fortune 500 companies and top recognized brands, to small local businesses. Our integrated online marketing methodologies have positioned thousands of companies to dominate their industry through top organic search rankings, social media presence and exceptional ROI from paid search advertising.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse Intern jobs in Carlsbad, California: