$22 to $26 Hourly
401K, Medical, Dental
The Staff Accountant is responsible for handling the accounting functions for an assigned base of Clients. These functions include journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations, month-end financial statements and other reporting. The Staff Accountant will work closely with Tax Accountants to ensure all tax requirements are met and maximum tax benefits are realized.
The right individual will be a self-starter with attention to detail, as well as understanding the needs of a growing business. The Staff Accountant works in a team setting by sharing knowledge. The successful candidate will work closely with the Accounting Manager and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and post general entries and month-end closing journal entries for assigned client list.
- Prepare account analyses and month-end reconciliations, including bank reconciliations.
- Prepare other supporting schedules, including but not limited to, cash flow support, A/R reports, A/P reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules; ensuring proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Prepare all required financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows
- Process payroll and contractors payments for assigned clients
- Work within the workflow to ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely
- Ensure proper taxation of employer paid benefits for clients that offer such to their employees
- Working knowledge of quarterly and annual payroll fillings
- Conduct verbal and written correspondence with assigned client base.
- Assist with audits.
- Ad hoc analyses and other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve them to the client’s satisfaction.
- “Street smart” / able to think on your feet.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must always be friendly and willing to assist others.
- A good memory for data and details.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must be punctual and able to work flexible hours.
- Be a good listener and exhibit sound judgment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced job environment.
- Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively.
- Bachelors in Accounting Required.
- 2 - 5 years of accounting and bookkeeping experience.
- 2 years of CPA firm experience highly preferred
- Experienced in Quickbooks
- Exceptionally strong MS office skills especially Excel.
- Need to be well organized with a proven ability of successfully juggling multiple assignments and a strong track record of meeting deadlines.
- CPA Firm experience- Highly preferred.
- Highly motivated.
About Semaphore Business Solutions:
About Semaphore Business Solutions
The Semaphore family of companies, and Semaphore Business Solutions, is a financial services firm offering a wide range of business solutions to its clients. Semaphore has earned its reputation of being best in its class by offering over the top products and services equally backed by the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction. Located in sunny Southern California by the Irvine Spectrum, our firm has been providing financial solutions for over 20 years and has earned a reputation of providing expertise and developing successful long-term relationships based upon trust.
16420 Bake Parkway, Irvine, ca 92618
9 days ago