Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Senior Helpdesk Analyst (Network, Desktop, Citrix, Oracle)
We are currently seeking a Senior Helpdesk Analyst with strong Network and Desktop experience for a full-time position (salary with benefits) in the Houston, TX area. Currently we are looking for local candidates only (NW Houston area preferred).
General Job Description:
This role will support end users via telephone and desk-side. This will include but not be limited to troubleshooting and resolution of hardware/software issues, configuration and installation of desktops/laptops, troubleshooting network printers and scanners, and offering support to remote users. After hours and on call work will be required. This career position is located in the company’s corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas. You will be answering approximately 40 to 60 telephone calls daily (including after-hours support) from employees across the United States, Canada & Mexico and trouble shoot software and hardware issues.
- Solid PC and server support.
- Prioritize and respond to requests for technical assistance by telephone and desk-side.
- Diagnose, track, and resolve technical hardware and software issues, meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Great service demeanor (patience, discretion, understanding)
- Outstanding verbal and documentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Microsoft Office, Citrix, Oracle.
- Understanding of WAN and LAN topologies
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair desktop and laptop computers, as well as scanners, printers, and peripherals.
- Image and deploy desktop and laptop computers.
- Offer support to remote users.
- Establish new users and user permissions in Active Directory.
- Spyware and virus removal.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Act as a liaison between users and IT resources to ensure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with users during the problem resolution process, setting realistic expectations.
- Serve in On Call rotation to assist users with urgent after-hours problems and outages
- Must be able to lift PCs, laptops and desktop printers. (35 pounds).
The qualified candidate will possess:
- More than five (5) years of total technical experience
- More than three (3) years of experience working in a help desk environment supporting hardware, software, and remote users in a complex environment.
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, remote management tools, active directory administration, web-based applications, client server and Citrix experience.
- Internet Explorer with SSL encryption.
- Experience configuring desktop network connectivity, TCP/P, VPN.
- Experience in hardware and software installations as well as general configuration issues.
- Self-starter characteristics.
- A demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
Additionally, Candidates that possess the following would be preferred:
- Experience with Oracle 10.7 and 11i and knowledge of Unix.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) is highly preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (No sponsorship)
SelectPro is a U.S. based technology professional services firm. Our team has decades of experience providing consulting and resource solutions to Clients throughout the United States. Our Clients are companies of all sizes, ranging from new start-ups to large enterprises who seek expertise in the latest technologies.
Browse helpdesk analyst jobs in Houston, Texas:
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. - Houston, TX
Posted 3 days ago on the web
TEKsystems - Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago on the web
National Oilwell Varco - Houston, Texas
Posted 28 days ago on Doostang