Temporary position in Portsmouth for 8-11 weeks (covering a surgery leave). Work will begin on May 1st (firm)--
The assignment is for 37.50 hours a week, the business hours are:
Monday 8-6 w/45 min lunch
Tuesday-Thursday 8-4:30 w/45 min lunch
Friday 8-1 no lunch
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Completes office administrative functions as required to assist department professionals or managers e.g., provides independent secretarial support to departmental programs, organizes files, prepares documents in proper form, prepares and produces procurement specifications, researches cases and legal matters in print matter and by computer.
2. May supervise and review the work of other secretarial and/or clerical personnel in such matters as work schedules, proper document form, accuracy and adherence to policy.
3. Prepares customer quality correspondence, reports and other documents from dictation, transcription or draft documents.
4. Maintains financial and other records and reports and assists in preparing and adhering to budgets.
5. Answers telephone and in-person inquiries, service requests and complaints from external and internal customers in a helpful, courteous and efficient manner. Ascertains the nature of the inquiry, service request or complaint. Those customers requiring assistance beyond the individual's knowledge or experience or who persist in being unpleasant are referred to the appropriate responsible person.
6. Takes messages, places outgoing calls, sorts mail, makes photocopies of materials, sends facsimiles, and prepares correspondence replies on routine matters and files documents.
EXAMPLES OF OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares payment requests, obtains necessary approvals and forwards for payment.
2. Administers office petty cash funds and financial records.
3. Performs the work of a clerk and/or secretary.
4. Prepares the supporting information for payroll and invoices. Issues bills. Collects and processes payments. Maintains and reconciles related records.
5. Issues permits and licenses.
6. Performs related work as required as well as other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
ENVIRONMENT, WORKING CONDITIONS, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT
Works in a typical office environment which is handicapped accessible, but may be subject to uncomfortably warm or cool temperatures. The work is primarily of an intellectual nature but requires the moderate lifting of binders, reports, office equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds and being able to file papers in four drawer and E scale plan filing cabinets. He/she must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice patterns and communicate through human speech.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
An incumbent in this position consistently demonstrates...
1. Considerable knowledge of and proficiency in office management procedures, practices, terminology and of American business English, arithmetic and bookkeeping.
2. Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, policies and regulations pertinent to the operation of the office where assigned.
3. Considerable knowledge of the use of office equipment, computers, related applications in the office where assigned and office automation.
4. An ability to take oral dictation and/or transcribe from recordings at a high rate of speed.
5. An ability to prepare, type and proof read complex reports, including statistical data.
6. An ability to perform record keeping, cash handling and cash reconciliation functions.
7. An ability to supervise other secretarial or clerical staff.
8. An ability to plan work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
9. An ability to maintain confidential information and a significant volume of detail.
10. An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, other employees, board members and other officials.
11. An ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, other employees, officials, departments and other agencies orally, in writing and by listening in the activities of conversation, discussion, notes, memorandum, written reports and oral presentations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant for this position must have graduated from high school or earned a graduate equivalent diploma (GED) and have significant post secondary training in data processing, business subjects, legal secretarial training and not less than four years of progressively responsible clerical and/or secretarial experience involving the use of typing, stenographic, data processing and office automation applications and bookkeeping skills or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
(The above descriptions are illustrative. They are intended a guides for personnel actions and are not complete itemizations of all facets of any job.)
About Seaside Associates:
Seaside Associates is a full service staffing firm in Newington, NH. We strive to find the best candidates for the best jobs-- Privately owned, our staff has remained consistent and are dedicated to specializing each job search to satisfy your specific needs. Please call us today and speak to one of our Employment Specialists. Visit us virtually at www.seasideassociates.com or stop in at 16 Pease Blvd, Newington, NH (Pease Tradeport)