Scope of Work:
Operates all manufacturing department metal removing and metal forming machines. Determines machining operations, selects tooling, makes setups and develops processes and procedures. Selects and uses all necessary measuring tools. Selects and uses hand tools, as required. Works from drawings, sketches or verbal and written instructions.
- Operates manual machine tools (lathes, milling machines, drill stands, automated cut-off saws), CNC machining centers, and large machining centers used to machine large steel castings.
- Determines machining operations, selects tooling, makes setups and develops processes and procedures.
- Selects and uses all necessary measuring tools.
- Selects and uses hand tools, as required.
- Works from drawings, sketches or verbal and written instructions.
- Perform highly technical and close tolerance work to engineering drawings and written instructions.
- Is able to operate any of the machine tool types with a minimal amount of training.
- Determines the need for and fabricates jigs and tooling.
- Performs other related duties as required by supervision.
- Practices proper housekeeping, observing all safety and criticality procedures.
- Responsible for quality of work; practice 5S principals; observe all safety policies.
- Load and or coordinate (large castings are transported by Material Handlers) the loading of their machining center.
- Set-up machine tools and the loaded raw stock, component or casting to ensure the proper machining of the part, component or casting to print specifications. Depending upon the size of the part and the respective complexity, set-up time can vary from a few hours to three days.
- Routinely inspects components during the machining process, the part, component, and casting to ensure the desired metal dimensions, flatness, concentricity, etc.
Pay is DOE-- Assignment is roughly 6 months but very possible to go perm for successful candidates.
Please forward resume and salary requirements ASAP