Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Great team environment and a very supportive management.”
Monterey County roofing company is searching for an experienced, professional roofing Project Consultant/Estimator. Family owned and operated with a top-notch team of craftsmen, we have served the residential and commercial Monterey Bay area roofing market for over 38 years.
If you’re looking for a career and you’re tired of working for companies that try to squeeze by week after week and take your hard work and dedication for granted, you owe it to yourself to learn about the opportunity we currently have available. As a member of our roofing sales team, you’ll help us develop more effective estimating procedures, create more compelling sales presentations, and raise our customer satisfaction level to new heights. Our company culture is based on strong values, supporting each other, and helping every member of our team reach their potential.
To apply, you must be customer and goal oriented, personable, and highly motivated. You should also be open-minded, energetic, well organized, and able to ASK FOR THE SALE.
Strengths needed include a courteous manner under pressure, good listening and communication skills, and a win/win attitude. You will work with a focused team that expects responsibility and accountability. You will also need to be able to follow a structured sales program. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, extreme discipline, and work proficiently in a fast-paced environment. They will also have a willingness to work flexible hours convenient for our customers.
If you have a great attitude and a strong work ethic, we want to hear from you!
· 2-5 years roofing sales and/or construction sales experience.
· The ability to set up and climb up and down ladders to survey, inspect, and accurately measure roofs.
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be familiar with proper use of tools, safety harnesses and be able to follow instructions and safety policies.
· Knowledge of industry standards and practices.
· The ability to write detailed proposal documents.
· The ability to perform project takeoffs/cost estimates and develop scope of work.
Key Qualifications & Duties:
• Must have organizational, analytical, and excellent problem solving and people skills.
• Must have the ability to work effectively both in the field and within the office environment.
• Must be able to enforce company policies and guidelines.
• Estimator will be adept at presenting company information confidently and compellingly with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and close sales.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines and sales targets, manage project pipeline, and client needs.
• Must be able to perform roof inspections accurately and quickly understand customer needs to recommend the best product(s) and material(s).
• Will work as a vital part of the estimating team to develop and provide customers with detailed and thorough estimates and proposals.
• Estimator will function as the primary contact for customers throughout each project and will work to deliver 100% customer satisfaction and a world-class customer care experience.
• Estimator will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with home and business owners, including consistent customer experiences during initial contact processes, customer follow-up, and responding to customer questions and issues.
• Along with company-provided leads, Estimator will be responsible for business development and other lead generation activities, including identifying potential prospects/customers.
• Estimator will have the ability to review and understand architectural and structural plans, study drawings, and project specifications for each project.
• Estimator will have the ability to communicate well with the management team, supervisors, office staff, other sales team members, vendors, customers, and personnel.
• Estimator will have excellent time-management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines and schedules.
• Estimator will be required to maintain all customer prospecting and sales activity and attend pre-construction, in-progress, and post-construction company meetings.
• Estimator will be responsible for any additional duties or tasks assigned.
• Must be motivated to get the job done right and act as a team player, always willing to go the extra mile.
• Must have exceptional communication skills, including by phone, email, and text.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other construction estimating/software programs.
• Estimator will always maintain a professional appearance and manner, no matter the situation or challenge.
• Valid license, drug-free and reliable vehicle required.
Medical, 401k, Bonus Programs, Vacation, Work Vehicle.
Please contact us for details on compensation.
Are you ready to get to work creating a career in the roofing industry? Please send us a copy of your resume along with a half-page write-up of your most significant estimating and sales success in a similar roofing business or field. Your past performance and future success mean more to us than a traditional chronological resume spit out by a computer program. If you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch.
Scudder Roofing is a locally owned, commercial and residential roofing installation business based in Marina, Calif on the Monterey Peninsula. Scudder has been installing first-class roofs throughout the Central Coast and beyond since 1982. The company is dedicated to using the most advanced roofing installation methods, materials and equipment, including a sophisticated fleet of trucks and a state-of-the-art products showroom. Scudder Roofing also specializes in siding, replacement windows, solar power installations and waterproofing.
Company address: 3342 Paul Davis Drive, Marina, CA 93933
Posted date: 4 days ago