Benefits OfferedMedical, Retirement
Why Work Here?
Great team environment and very supportive management.
A highly respected, successful Monterey County roofing company that has served the residential and commercial Monterey Bay area roofing market for 40 years is searching for an experienced Roofing Sales Professional/Estimator. The company is family-owned and operated by an exceptionally skilled roofing installer and administration support staff.
If you're looking for a career and tired of working for companies that try to squeeze by week by week, give you poor leads, and have a terrible reputation, you owe it to yourself to learn about the growth opportunity we currently have available for you. Our company culture is based on our core values, including customer first, integrity always, promises kept, unparalleled craftsmanship, thriving team, and community-mindedness.
As a member of our roofing sales team, you'll help us develop more effective estimating procedures, create more compelling sales presentations, and raise our customer satisfaction level to even greater heights. To apply, you must be a customer and goal-oriented team player. You should also be personable, highly motivated, open-minded, energetic, well organized, and able to ASK FOR THE SALE.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational and lead development skills, be extremely disciplined, work proficiently in a fast-paced environment, be willing to work flexible hours and be highly competitive and motivated to make a lot of money. Strengths needed include a courteous manner under pressure, good listening and communication skills, and a win/win attitude. You will work with a focused team that expects responsibility and accountability, and you will also need to be able to follow a structured sales process.
If you have a great attitude and a strong work ethic, we want to hear from you!
- 2-5 years of roofing sales and construction sales experience.
- Can set up and climb up and down ladders to survey, inspect, and accurately measure roofs.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be familiar with the proper use of tools and safety harnesses and be able to follow instructions and safety policies.
- Will know industry standards and practices.
- Will have the ability to write detailed proposal documents.
- Can perform project takeoffs/cost estimates and develop the scope of work.
Key Qualifications & Duties:
- Must have organizational, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving and people skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively both in the field, and within the office environment.
- Estimator will be adept at presenting company information confidently and compellingly, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Must meet deadlines and sales targets, manage project pipelines, and develop timely reports and proposals that meet company and client needs.
- Must be able to evaluate roof conditions, provide timely and comprehensive detailed specifications, project reports, and estimates.
- Will work as a vital part of the estimating team to develop and provide customers with detailed and thorough estimates and proposals.
- Must have technology skills and the ability to work with our CRM, project, and customer communication programs.
- Estimator will be the customer's primary contact throughout the estimating and sales process and will be expected to meet and exceed customer expectations, return calls within 24 hours, and deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Estimator will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with home and business owners, including consistent customer experiences during initial contact processes, customer follow-up, and responding to customer questions and issues.
- Along with company-provided leads, Estimator will be responsible for business development and other lead generation activities, including identifying potential prospects/customers.
- Estimator will be able to review and understand architectural and structural plans, and study drawings and specifications for each project.
- Estimator will be able to communicate well with the management team, supervisors, office staff, other sales team members, vendors, customers, and personnel.
- Estimator will have excellent time-management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines and schedules.
- Estimator will be required to maintain all customer prospecting and sales activity and attend pre-construction, in-progress, and post-construction company meetings.
- Estimator will be responsible for any additional duties or tasks as assigned.
- Must be motivated to get the job done right and act as a team player, always willing to go the extra mile.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, including by phone, email, and text.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other construction estimating/software programs.
- Estimator will always maintain a professional appearance and manner, no matter the situation or challenge.
- Valid driver's license, drug-free.
Medical, 401k, Bonus Programs, Vacation, Work Vehicle.
Commission-based with advance draws. Please get in touch with us for additional compensation details.
Are you ready to work on creating a career in the roofing industry? Please send us a copy of your resume and a half-page write-up of your most significant estimating and sales success. Your past performance and future success mean more to us than a traditional chronological resume spit out by a computer program. If you're a good fit, we'll be in touch.