Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
What do you get when you bring together a team of bright individuals and place them into an environment where “work” means making a difference in the lives of people across the globe?
You get Sciolex Corporation, a fast-growing defense contractor focused on providing the U.S. Government a level of service that surpasses the epitome of excellence. Our core services include systems engineering technical advice, technical support, and administrative assistance. From our humble beginning as a small Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business in Chantilly, VA, Sciolex Corporation is now the home for over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Over the past 15 years, Sciolex Corporation has constructed an environment that celebrates diversity and encourages a positive work/life balance, all while supporting government missions that our employees are proud to be a part of. When you work for Sciolex Corporation, you are working for a stable company that values you and is committed to ensuring you receive the utmost employee care.
The Benefits and Leave Administrator (BLA) communicate with employees, resolve benefits-related issues, and collaborates with departments and external vendors. The BFA is primary responsible for the administration of employee benefits and leaves of absence in accordance with applicable laws and Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs). As the BFA, your primary responsibilities include:
· Administers employee insurance programs including life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, and health insurance plans in accordance with plan documents
· Coordinates benefits processing to include managing enrollments, entering, and updating enrollment deductions into payroll, terminations, changes, qualifying life events, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, and hardships
· Administers employee savings plans such as health savings account and 401 plans
· Partners with third-party administer and/or plan providers to ensure timely audits and compliance reports in accordance with ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, and SCA
· Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider agreements, regulations, and policies
· Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions
· Researches and assesses industry plans and makes recommendations for enhancements or improvements to keep Sciolex Corporation’s plans competitive and effective
· Completes employee surveys, censuses, and other research and demographic efforts required to collect accurate quotes from benefits providers
· Gathers employee data and reviews consolidated billing reports for accuracy in preparation of payment to third-party administer
· Provides employee support by designing, communicating, and distributing materials for orientations, open enrollment, and to enhance understanding of the Sciolex Corporation benefits packages
· Maintains oversight of leave administration processes and ensures employees are aware of their responsibilities during leave process
· Maintain communication with leave administration service to facilitate return to work scheduling, compliance monitoring, and reporting requirements
· Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short- and long-term disability benefits
· Administer other time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws
· Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specific legal requirements and documentation of best practices
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Physical Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in HRM or related field, and 3-5 years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience, or equivalent experience
· PHR or SHRM-CP is desired
· Effective planning and priority setting with ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
· Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
At Sciolex Corporation, our top priorities and most valuable resources are our employees, which is why we offer a competitive total compensation package. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) who celebrates diversity in and out of our organization. Come see where your opportunities for success can flourish.
NOTICE: Sciolex Corporation NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment, service fees, or banking information to Sciolex Corporation or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Technical Services for US Government Civil and Defense Agencies