“Fair leadership, autonomy, fun & professional coworkers. Finest home builder in the northwest.”
Schultz Miller is a Seattle-based premier builder of high-end, custom homes. Since 1981, our experienced and highly skilled project managers, superintendents, carpenters, and service technicians have collaborated with creative architects and designers on many of the finest homes in the area.
We are known for integrity, exceptional craftsmanship, and an unparalleled level of client service. The quality of our work and the strength of our reputation depend upon having great people. At the end of the day, our people are what set us apart.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated accounting manager to join our team and contribute to our continued success.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, including general ledger, payroll, client billing, and accounts payable processing. The Account Manager works both independently and in collaboration with our Controller and directs the accounting work of our office support staff. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a high degree of integrity, a keen eye for detail, and an insistence on accuracy. This is a full-time position in our comfortable, collegial office in Northgate.
· Manage and oversee day-to-day accounting operations
· Process payroll, client billing, and accounts payable
· Oversee credit card payments
· Implement and monitor monthly, quarterly, and year-end closeout accounting
· Monitor and review accounting work of office support staff
· Communicate with project managers, superintendents, and support staff to ensure proper compliance with accounting procedures
· Ensure integrity of financial reports and understand financial results
· Preserve confidentiality of sensitive information
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent education
· 3+ years’ experience in a full charge accounting role
· Proficiency in Excel
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Self-directed, with ability to work independently
· A team player, able to work well with others
· Highly organized, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
What We Offer
· Full-time position, Monday-Friday
· Position reports directly to our management team
· Comfortable, collegial office in Northgate with ample on-site parking and future Link light rail station nearby
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Full benefits package, including 401k, PTO, health, dental and disability insurance
About Schultz Miller:
The best description of what we do can be found at www.schultzmiller.com. We are a high-end residential custom home builder. Our company is about 100 employees who are among the best in the business. Our team consists of project managers, superintendents, carpenters, and office staff...most of whom are long term employees having been at Schultz Miller for 15+ years. Our work is primarily located in the Seattle city limits, West Bellevue, Medina, and other waterfront neighborhoods.