Job Title: VP Power Industrial Construction
Town / City: St. Louis
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We need a very senior person with strong experience specifically in construction in the Power Industry.
Ultimately responsible for strategy, business development, operations and execution activities for the Industrial Power Business Unit. This senior role will oversee multiple layers of management, driving execution and growth within the national Power Market (Nuclear). Will serve as a key member of the leadership team and will participate in setting and executing divisional strategy, in cooperation with the Industrial President and other business leaders.
Providing Strategic Direction
* Partner with leadership team to set goals and develop strategy as part of strategic planning process.
* Work as part of the leadership team to provide input to business decision-making.
* Integrate and coordinates BD, Pre-Con and Operations activities as a shared responsibility across the organization.
* Understand the strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors, and develop strategic market-positioning as well as sales and marketing strategies to respond effectively.
* Understand customers' needs and ways to differentiate company in the marketplace.
Developing a High Performing Organization
* Direct hiring and employee development to ensure company hires top talent and aggressively develops key skills and abilities within the company.
* Continuously evaluate the current organization's performance and capabilities and provide recommendations to meet the Division's revenue and growth goals.
* Take a leadership role to ensure that key functions - Preconstruction/Estimating and Business Development - along with support functions (Finance, HR, Risk, etc.) are leveraged effectively to optimize business unit performance.
Driving Business Development / Managing Relationships with Partners
* Act as a key interface within the marketplace...partners, subcontractors, A/Es, business leaders, community associations, etc. Builds and maintains active network of contacts and creates trust-based relationships.
* Make sales calls with pursuit teams to establish executive level presence, build understanding of customer, understand the sales issues and close deals. Maintains a high level presence throughout the sales process.
* Lead "go / no-go decision making" discussions and makes final recommendation to Division President. Assembles and coaches pursuit team.
* In partnership with Business Development team, regularly evaluate (weekly or bi-weekly) the potential sales opportunities in the short (60-90 days) and long (beyond 90 days) term against the strategic goals.
* Consistently and clearly communicate commitment all safety programs and processes. Identify, with input from Safety Director, project and work risks.
* Actively participate in major risk management decisions (legal, subcontractors, etc.).
* Direct the oversight of tracking the financial success of the projects in progress as it relates to profit enhancement strategies established and sold in the projects sales pursuit...what is working (or not) and why.
* 15+ years of experience working within the heavy industrial construction market.
* 5+ years of experience focused on the Power Construction Market. Track record of successful project expertise in one or more core sub markets.
* Experience managing a distributed and multi-layered construction organization in a senior executive role. Requires direct senior leadership experience with primary responsibilities leading industrial construction services.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or business preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and develop winning strategies to secure new and repeat business.
* Proven experience developing and executing a strategic plan to build and grow an industrial construction department, group or unit.
* Ability to identify and partner with key industry contacts to enable growth.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship building skills.
* Superior organizational skills.
* Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. 15+ years of experience working within the heavy industrial construction market.
2. 5+ years of experience focused on the Power Construction Market.
3. Track record of successful project expertise in one or more core sub markets.
4. Experience managing a distributed and multi-layered construction organization in a senior executive role.
5. Direct senior leadership experience with primary responsibilities leading industrial construction services.
6. Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or business preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and develop winning strategies to secure new and repeat business.
About Save U Staffing:
Why work with Save U Staffing ?
We're strategically focused on Moving YOU forward with our teams to
support YOU, as We know Your contributions and expertise need to be
rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package, and a healthy
work balance ...
We are bringing NEW energy, and drive to placing professionals ...
Posted 4 years ago