Product Marketing Manager
Manufacturing & Production
Sales / Marketing - Marketing Management
United States - North Carolina - Wilmington/Fayetteville - Elizabetown
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
The Product Marketing Manager will be based in Elizabethtown, NC, at company headquarters. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Specialty Products, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the market segmentation, product planning process, and marketing action plans that result in top line sales of the product lines, both experiencing high growth in the emerging power generation market segments domestically and worldwide. This includes new product development and commercialization, key account and territory sales strategies and development, pricing, product line rationalization, and value selling. The successful candidate will be able to articulate the big picture strategy and will successfully manage the details of development, launch and sales performance.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for accomplishing the following key priorities:
- Complete a detailed product plan for the product lines and market segments with specific growth initiatives resulting in an annual growth rate exceeding market growth.
- The product plan will include a product roadmap that defines the winning product features that will lead to growth in specific market segments and key accounts.
- Execute the product plan and roadmap to drive top line sales. This will involve working with R&D to ensure new products meet market segment and key customer requirements, as well as supporting, and training of the sales force in bringing in new business.
- Generate awareness and enthusiasm in the marketplace with customers and integration partners for the product line.
- Design and implement a standard work price increase model yielding at least 5% per year in increases.
This individual will interface regularly with executives in sales, customer support, manufacturing and finance as well as other product managers throughout the Products and/or Sensors and Controls businesses within our company. These relationships will ensure effective communication and coordination of activities and results. The product marketing manager role is a high profile role at this company and will give the successful candidate considerable visibility and the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company's growth as a result of the choices and direction they take.
- Monitors the development of business plans, managing lifecycles, and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Reduces broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Establishes pricing strategies.
- Interacts with engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s)
- Leads new product definition and business plans with joint departments.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of business experience with 3-5 years of successful product development and launch experience. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background, having either designed/engineered new products or worked closely with us to specify and drive new product development with demonstrated success in each of the described competencies. Critical Success Competencies include:
- Delivers Results - demonstrated understanding of the importance of consistently delivering results and clear evidence of ability to do so in multiple environments/situations.
- Customer Focus - A drive to discover, articulate and drive our client to meet the needs of customers (either internal or external).
- Leadership of Change - Ability to work with a variety of functions, none of which directly report to you, to implement continuous improvement changes.
- Strategy Development - astute strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills, understands segmentation, fact-based
- Product Planning - has developed and executed product plans, understands VOC and has defined winning products
- Motivational Characteristics - High energy level. High dominance (comfortable with authority and leadership), high competitive achievement (drive to win, results orientation). High level of autonomy, and low need for structure and boundaries
- Sense of Urgency - A bias for taking action; spontaneous recognition of problems and opportunities
More About the Position
Visa Candidates Considered - No
7+ to 10 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Skills and Certifications (bold if required)
Does the candidate have a Masters degree?
Does the candidate developed and executed product