Houstonia, the city's award-winning regional magazine published by SagaCity Media, is seeking a full-time Account Executive to drive local and regional sales.
Qualified candidates must possess a fluent understanding of the digital landscape, including web, enews, social media, programmatic, Google Analytics, SEO, ad tracking, and post-campaign reporting in order to offer a proactive, experienced point-of-view to impact digital purchasing decisions.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with experience in client management and service, and has an interest in growing his/her own personal client portfolio. This is a commission based opportunity for unlimited earning potential.
• Drive digital ad revenue through daily prospecting for new accounts, leads and sales
• Develop and deliver on new digital opportunities to generate revenue to achieve company goals
• Identify related products and service-related offerings to create effective digital packages
• Develop effective post-campaign digital advertising reports to insure client retention
• Work collaboratively with sales team to present cross-platform (print & digital) proposals
• Execute creative ideas that reflect our brand standards and audience
• Maintain and grow revenue to exceed goals
• Build and maintain strong relationships in the local business communities – participating in industry events
• Stay up-to-date on digital tech news and trends – and share information with sales managers and team
• Cultivate business relationships across social media channels, including Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram
• Maintain designated hours of each day to cold calling
• Manage all steps in the sales process from prospect identification through deal closing and campaign execution
• Follow-up and service existing clients with accurate notes, proposals, deadline reminders and assistance with advertising materials
• Deliver timely reporting and updates to management on revenue tracking to goal
• Previous customer service / sales experience
• Minimum of one year’s digital ad sales experience including programmatic
• High Level of hands-on digital expertise
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; skilled in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience with Magazine Manager or Sales Force highly desirable
• Highly responsible, collaborative, and self-motivated
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, work ethic, and sense of humor
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and flexible to shifting priorities
About SagaCity Media
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Portland, Seattle, Houston, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Portland Monthly, Seattle Met, Houstonia, and Sarasota produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitor’s bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Santa Monica, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Greenville, and Vancouver.
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program. Benefits include health insurances, retirement plan, paid holidays, volunteer PTO and a sabbatical program.
To apply, submit your resume with 3 professional references.
About SagaCity Media:
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houston, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for outside tourism industry groups in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Washington state, Asheville, Sarasota, Tacoma, Olympia, Galveston, Bellevue (WA), and Vancouver (WA), as well as for organizations in other industries and in the arts and other nonprofit sectors.