Come join the SAFE Boats Team! We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be a hands-on manager to direct our transformation and continuous improvement efforts. LEAN Six Sigma trained. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.SUMMARY:
Provides leadership for the design and maintenance of production tools and/or machines, and for developing and implementing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, and tooling. Responsible for effectively planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of the Manufacturing Engineering department with a systems thinking discipline to meet the needs of the business unit and its colleagues. Supports an environment of clear, concise, and complete communication across all functional areas of the business unit. From an engineering perspective, identify, plan and implement activities designed to reduce costs while improving the quality, safety, and delivery methods of our processes.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will manage a department responsible for the following:
- Plan and execute optimal facility layout modifications based on planned programs and workload.
- Justify, procure, and implement necessary production equipment and other assets.
- Support production operations through work space planning and layout, development of documented manufacturing processes, and thorough analysis of data and problems to identify root cause solutions.
- Support design engineering in concurrent engineering effort to insure manufacturability. Proactively identify opportunities for improved manufacturability and coordinate implementation with design engineering.
- Control the implementation of ECNs to insure product quality requirements are met and that rework and scrap is minimized.
- Support production control by insuring integrity of engineering BOMs.
- Identify opportunities for productivity improvement and cost reduction and implement the necessary measures to realize these savings.
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement by implementing and managing specific productivity and quality improvement processes such as lean manufacturing.
- Operate the ME department within the planned budgets.
- Manage and provide guidance to individual contributors in the execution of priorities that are established for the ME department.
- Manage employee performance and recommend changes in job duties and employee status.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of company policies and procedures, including health and safety requirements.
- Develop & maintain Tooling & Fixtures to support manufacturing processes
- Manage Kaizen Cell
APPLICATION INFORMATION:Further information and application assistance can be directed to
- BS Degree in Engineering and 10 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Technical expertise to perform root cause analysis – eliminating problems through design analysis, ergonomic issues and machine/process improvements.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and teams in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of people in a team environment.
- Understanding and practical use of JIT, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of optimizing people, material and information flow in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with computers, including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and CAD/CAM software.
- Excellent problem solving skills, time management skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach others.
HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org..
All applicants need to complete the online application to be considered at www.safeboats.com. Online application must be completed at:
http://www.safeboats.com/company/Manufacturing-Engineering-Manager/SAFE Boat International, LLC is a Federal Contractor, follows all federal laws and contracting guidelines as set forth by the OFCCP including but not limited to: being an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Plan, participating in Drug Free Business and E-Verify. Applicants must be age 18 years or older and a US Person eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
About SAFE Boats International, LLC:
The SAFE Story
SAFE Boats International (SAFE) is an American-owned aluminum boat manufacturer and leading supplier to military, federal, state and local law enforcement, fire and rescue agencies throughout North America and around the world.
Our vessels help protect the lives of people serving their communities and their countries. Founded in 1997, SAFE Boats International (SAFE) designs and builds highly reliable and extremely durable vessels that help keep military, law enforcement and fire professional safe as they carry out their duties, protect citizens and work to save lives. Based just outside of Seattle, Washington, SAFE Boats is privately held and is 100 percent American owned and operated. The company was named for its pioneering wrap-around collar design.
Join the SAFE team. www.safeboats.com
At SAFE, we offer competitive pay and great benefits. We work hard, but we also have fun, a four day work-week is a big part of that! Dress is casual and jeans are the norm, even off the production floor. Our Team Members tend to stay for a long time; the average tenure of our employees is five years.
SAFE Boats International, LLC abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. SAFE Bots takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Please note this is a SWING SHIFT position. The hours are M-Thu 4:00pm - 2:30am with OT as required.