Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Analytics Manager Jobs in Sacramento, CA
“Great company doing social good!”
Summary: The Data Analytics Manager supports departmental operations and programs through expert analytical work and support. Under general direction of the Vice President of Programs, the Data Analytics Manager performs and conducts difficult and complex professional-level analytical work to support Sacramento Steps Forward (SSF) in planning activities and program operations. This position supports program operations with data analyses and program evaluation, as well as conducting key research and strategic planning. Experience in the following is critical: complex legislative and economic analysis; and, data systems development and maintenance. The Data Analytics Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Programs but will also provide analytical support to program managers, the executive team, and the greater Continuum of Care of Sacramento.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Demonstrate expertise with administrative databases, including the development of any new databases deemed necessary, and use advanced statistical tools and analyses to create and maintain information that is reliable and useful to SSF’s programs. Respond to frequent requests for ad hoc data, using the agency’s administrative databases, and conduct deeper analyses related to program trends and patterns. Respond to ongoing requests for complex data analysis related to service utilization, client outcomes, and program efficiencies. Prepare and submit recurring statistical reports, including some mandated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), other external funders, and any other appropriate parties.
· Communicate findings from research and analysis, which includes producing statistical reports that are clear and incisive, writing reports that are well-organized and articulate, and making effective public presentations to diverse audiences.
· Support strategic planning efforts to improve the outcomes for clients served by the agency, including conducting research, facilitating planning efforts, preparing documentation and coordinating support for implementation. Interpret data related to program outcomes, analyze program operations, research best practices, and identify areas for improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Evaluate programs to determine whether methods are effective, using both quantitative and qualitative research methods. As part of its evaluation function, this individual may be asked to survey and interview clients and other key informants.
· Monitor and analyze program outcome measures and develop information to be used to hold managers and staff accountable for their performance. Participate in a recurring review of the Department’s contracts with community based organizations to sharpen SSF’s outcome measures, align them with program goals, and hold providers to the highest level of accountability.
· Act as a liaison to external evaluators who require technical advice and assistance regarding operations, data, and outcomes. Provide technical supervision to graduate student interns utilizing administrative data or performing complex policy analyses, as applicable.
· Conduct data matches for other departments (Coordinated Entry, HMIS or Outreach) and constituents (Mayor’s Office, Housing Authority, etc.) that request information about the current statistics of the CoC.
· Analyze Census data, utilizing Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) microdata, review research literature, and develop maps that depict critical program or population trends relevant to the mission of the Data Department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Must be able to exercise excellent independent judgement.
· Ability to visualize data and communicate statistical information clearly for internal and external stakeholders, including the general public.
· Knowledge of and experience working with Business Objects, Stata, Microsoft Access and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
· Knowledge of and experience working with User Interface Extensible Markup Language (UsiXML), including Character User Interface (CUI), Graphical User Interface (GUI), Auditory User Interface (AUI), and Multimodal User Interface (MUI).
· Demonstrable skills and experience with complex statistical analyses, such as regression analysis.
· Knowledge of project management methodology, including lean processes.
· Knowledge of research methods, including program evaluation.
· Knowledge of homeless services program policies and operations.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience working with a large diverse workforce of people with different cultures, backgrounds, and opinions.
· Regular, predictable attendance is required.
· Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position includes supervisory responsibilities for the Data Department, including but not limited to, Data Analytics staff members and HMIS staff members.
Sacramento Steps Forward (SSF) is the lead agency working to end homelessness in the Sacramento region.
Company address: 1331 Garden Highway, Ste 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Analytics Manager jobs in Sacramento, CA:
Maverick Trading Inc in Folsom, CA
Posted 7 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Sacramento Staffing Agency LLC in Sacramento, CA
Posted 29 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Information Resource group, Inc. in Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter