Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Private Catholic Retreat Center that has a welcoming environment with a staff that wants to be here.”
JOB TITLE: LINE COOK
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Line Cook is primarily responsible for preparing food to the exact chef’s specifications, to set up stations for menu, dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
• Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
• Work closely with the Dining Services Manager to ensure quality food service
• Participate in pre-shift meetings for kitchen personnel.
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Follow all food safety regulations
• Ensure promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
• Have full knowledge after training of safety and security systems and regulations on site and assist when called upon
OTHER FUNCTIONS: (This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
• Maintain professional contact with all other departments to ensure that services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
• Participates in special cleaning projects on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Properly store and secure supplies as needed to meet demands.
• Any other functions as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs, to a height of 48 inches.
• Ability to reach a height of 72 inches
• Walk unassisted
• Stand for long periods of time
• Stoop, bend and climb stairs
• Ability to kneel on the floor when cleaning
• See 20/20 with corrected vision and hear at normal conversation levels
• Cannot be allergic to dust, soaps or cleaning chemicals
• Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information discreetly and professionally
• Strong detail orientation, ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
• ServSafe Manager certified or at minimum possess a Food Handler’s Certificate
• Must be Diocesan Safe Environment Certified.
• Respects the Catholic Church and its teachings. Employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Catholic Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Culinary school diploma or 2+ years of culinary experience in a similar position. Knowledge of food professional principles and practices and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Multilingual skills a plus.
Sacre-Coeur Retreat Center is a private retreat center owned by the Catholic Diocese of Peoria, IL and is lead by Executive Director, Deacon Terry Stalsberg with the assistance of the Sisters of the Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
Overlooking the Illinois River, the retreat center is situated on 40 acres of land located in Magnolia, IL and just outside of Henry, IL.
We feature 70 guest rooms, 3 suites, a conference center for approximately 300 people, two Chapels, a walking path around the entire center, a two level pond and a small hermitage.
Company address: 8508 County Road 100 N.
Posted date: 5 days ago