Posted 2 years ago in HR & Recruiting
Job Responsibilities- Under direction of the Controller, this position is responsible for the development, delivery and oversight of a variety of human resources services: staffing, employee relations, payroll, compensation and benefits, HRIS, employee engagement, and internal communications. Manages all aspects of Staff, Teacher, and International payroll and benefits, and ensures adherence to company policies and structure. Manages benefits programs including medical/dental insurance, long and short-term disability, workers' compensation, PTO, profit sharing, and retirement programs. Evaluates current programs to ensure all benefits meet company and employee needs and develops and implements new programs as needed. Ensures effective communication of benefits to employees to enhance employee satisfaction.
The position works within accepted procedures and exercises independent judgment to select proper courses of action. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations associated with employment law and ERISA, supervisory techniques, and established HR policies and procedures.
Benefits: manages the design and administration of the company’s benefits including but not limited to, vendor selection & management, plan evaluation and implementation, enrollment, billing and member relations; manages leave-of-absence and coordination of STD, LTD, and FMLA, as well as workers’ compensation; creates and administers benefits presentations for teacher orientations; creates drafts and coordinate teacher collections with Finance; facilitates and administers the annual open enrollment process; researches trends and best practices as they relate to administrative quality, efficiency and cost-containment of these programs; ensures compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws;
Payroll : ensures the accurate administration of payroll; provides payroll support to teachers and districts; manages payroll and tax presentations for teacher orientation; manages tax forms between orientation and school districts; works with district finance offices to assist with payroll and tax related questions; analyzes teachers tax status to establish when and who to set up for Federal, state, and FICA tax; prepares materials for annual Workers Comp and 401(k) audits; responds to unemployment claims; ensures all internal and external company policies and procedures are correctly documented, approved, and updated as necessary
Job analysis and documentation: provides assistance regarding proposed job titles, grade allocation, salaries, and FLSA status for new hires and promotions;
Staffing: sources, recruits, posts positions, checks references and completes any pre-employment testing ensuring that organizational and legal requirements are met; facilitates on-boarding for new employees including New Employee Orientation.
Performance management: manages the system for assessing employee performance and soliciting/providing feedback to employees about performance against objectives—both the positive and weaker aspects and career development opportunities to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization;
Finance Processes: Cross train and gain knowledge in company’s Finance procedures, to eventually perform basic accounting duties i.e. entering journal entries in the accounting system, accounting payables and receivables.
Reward systems: assists with the processes through which the company provides staff with rewards for past achievements and incentives for high performance in the future, and facilitates the mechanism by which managers address problems within employee and team performance; analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine and make recommendations as necessary to ensure compensation plan remains competitive.
Documentation: maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning HR-related data including as benefits, payroll, hires, terminations, performance reviews and transaction history;
· Required Skills- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· 5-7 years of progressively responsible human resources experience;
· Experience in domestic and international payroll and benefits administration;
· Ability to effectively communicate, plan and collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external constituents, including teachers, administrator, consultants and staff and senior managers;
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in complex situations
· Ability to gather and synthesize data and research to develop innovative, effective, relevant and sustainable programs;
· Ability to communicate (write, speak and present) effectively, persuasively and in an informed and credible manner;
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a participatory team environment;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment;
· Detailed understanding of employment laws and trends; and
· Strong planning, organization, execution and evaluation, and problem solving skills.
Browse human resources jobs in Raleigh, North Carolina:
Volunteers of America - Raleigh, NC
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Ingram Content - Raleigh, NC
Posted yesterday on Glassdoor
WakeMed Health & Hospitals - Raleigh, NC
Posted yesterday on the web