The Audit Function assists the Bank's Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within the following business areas: financial reporting, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and compliance with laws and regulations, as well as the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes. Audit also provides consulting services associated with change activities and new products to business areas. It adds value by providing objective, timely and relevant analyses, comments and recommendations through an integrated auditing approach.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate and/or lead in audits to identify and evaluate key operational risks and related controls
- Provide recommendations for new audit techniques, revisions of existing procedures and overall audit strategies for individual Bank businesses
- Communicate audit recommendations to Audit supervision and business area management.
- Two – five years of risk-focused internal audit experience, with ability to understand and review both financial and automated risks and controls within business processes in an integrated fashion;
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles
- Understanding of business applications, technology and related controls that support business areas
- Experience assessing the adequacy of the internal control environments through the identification of inherent risks in the business and key controls designed to mitigate those risks;
- Ability to execute audit plans, procedures and testing for control compliance and core operational / financial audits
- Professional designation in, or ability to begin or complete a program to achieve, one or more of the following certifications within 180 days: Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Information Systems Auditor; CPA highly desirable
- Sound analytical skills, including ability to analyze business and financial activities, understand and describe process flows, strengths and weaknesses, and develop creative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Proficiency in PC applications, with demonstrated ability to develop and apply spreadsheets, database and research tools and graphic presentations
- Proven experience as a team player with the ability to build collaborative relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Rockwood Search Associates:
Rockwood Search is an executive recruiting firm chosen by discerning employers seeking to attract and retain outstanding talent. Our clients represent a cross section of some of the world's most desirable employers. Whether your background is in human resources, finance and accounting, marketing, or the world of wall street investment and operations, the services provided by Rockwood Search should be considered as part of your career development plans. As a candidate, there is never a fee or charge for our services.