Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Help Desk Technician Jobs in Kirtland, NM
Helpdesk Technician (Tier II/III)/Systems Administrator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide general helpdesk support and assist with System Administrator duties including network implementation, systems support, software maintenance and hardware maintenance at the Space Development and Test Directorate (SDTD) at Kirtland AFB, NM.
· Perform customer service activities as required.
· Perform all duties related to tracking and management of Information Technology (IT) equipment and assets. This includes, but is not limited to: receiving, storage, inventory, tagging/identifying, moving and turn-in of equipment.
· Configure manage and administer Network servers
· Manage NetAPP application software
· Responsible for software maintenance and updates on all SDTD network, file, and print servers
· Responsible for network hardware upgrade, troubleshooting, and replacement
· Responsible for NetBackUp server backups to include rotation, testing, and off-site storage of tape backups
· Manage tape drive equipment
· Monitor and review daily logs of all servers
· Perform checks of all server functions
· Assist Helpdesk (Tier II/III)
· CCaR Account Manager
· ConWrite/ConAward account manager
· Air Force Portal Content Manager
· Setup and verify Video Teleconference (VTC) meetings as required by the client
· Be familiar and enforce all pertinent regulations, instructions, policies, and procedures from the client.
· Attend meetings and conferences, which facilitate maintaining the currency of the program documentation.
Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, and other personal computer applications; typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material i.e. correspondence, reports, and forms; maintaining training records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; PC support skills related to installing, configuring and repairing; ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools; knowledge management applications i.e. SharePoint®, In-depth knowledge and experience in the configuration, operation, troubleshooting and problem analysis
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
High School diploma or equivalent and at least three (3) years’ experience in IT or related field, mastery of Level II functions, and displays in-depth knowledge of standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures within the network enterprise
3+ years of directly related experience in Computer Networking or Systems Administration
Certificates and Licenses:
· Security+ or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
· Any one or more of the “Preferred Certifications” listed
· Microsoft 70-640 - MCTS Windows Server Active Directory
· Microsoft 70-642 - MCTS Windows Server Network Infrastructure
· Microsoft 70-646 - MCTS Windows Server Administrator
· Microsoft 70-680 - MCTS Windows 7 configuration
· Microsoft MCSA 2003/2008
· NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator
· CompTIA PDI+
About RLM Communications, Inc.:
RLM Communications, Inc. is an organization that is focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of our external and internal customers. We offer attractive compensation packages,career advancement opportunities and generous benefits in a professional and supportive work environment. We value teamwork, relationships, performance, diversity and ethics. We believe in recruiting talented personnel and pride ourselves in having developed a loyal workforce committed to customer satisfaction and corporate success.
RLM Benefits include, but are not limited to: Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan; Education Reimbursement; Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Time Off; and Long/Short term Disability.
At RLM we are continuously striving to improve our personnel, processes, products and performance; epitomizing the corporate motto," Always Aiming for Excellence".
RLM Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Posted 4 years ago