RIB U.S. Cost is seeking a Senior Application Developer who will actively work with the development team designing, developing and maintaining commercial software applications for the construction industry. The successful candidate will be creating new features and components for the application as well as maintaining development on the existing code base.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provide support to lead architect with requirement analysis, research, design, development, testing , implementation and maintenance of software systems
- Able to lead a team of developers for specific features or enhancements.
- Acts as liaison and communicates project information to clients, project managers, and other design personnel
- Analyzes project requirements, performs necessary research and estimates timeframe and cost
- Applies software engineering knowledge to design and develop software systems. Correctly applies principles of computer science, engineering, and mathematics.
- Works closely with product or project manager during design phase to ensure software goals and deadlines are being met.
- Develop unit and system test cases and carry out execution of all test cases.
- Writes complete and accurate technical documentation for software
- Document work product, manage scope and identify changes needed beyond original scope.
- Participates in and directs software installation as necessary. Provides ongoing support as needed.
- Perform system analysis to recognize performance and scalability issues and tune the system for optimum performance.
Desired Skills & Experience
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field)
- 7 or more years experience, to include software programming.
- 7years + development experience with the Microsoft Development Stack
- 7 years C++ MFC
- 7 years + experience with MS Sql Server or Oracle. Ability to read and write stored procedures, user defined functions and data table and triggers.
- 3 years + experience with Microsoft ASP.Net and C# building web applications.
- Must be able to read and write software development code.
- 7 years + experience with n-tier architectures.
- Must be able to take a functional specification, create a technical specification from the functional specification, and deliver a working component for the application.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Experience with Infragistics web controls is desired but not required a plus.
- Experience developing software for commercial markets is desired but not required.a plus.
- Experience with construction estimating or cost control is desired but not required.also a plus.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team
- Able to provide leadership in custom and product requirements and design
- Ability to prepare reports, summaries, and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
About RIB U.S. Cost:
Since inception in 1961, RIB has been the pioneer in construction innovation, exploring and bringing in new technology, new thinking and new working method to enhance construction productivity, and transforming the construction industry into the most advanced and digitalized industry in the 21st century. RIB is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, and listed in Prime Standard Frankfurt Stock Exchange since 2011. With about 650 employees located in over 30 offices worldwide, RIB is serving 100,000 clients including construction contractors, developers, owners, investors and governments, in the field of building construction, infrastructure, and EPC sector.
As a subsidiary to RIB Software AG, RIB U.S.COST provides exceptional professional services to owners, architects, engineers and contractors. With over 30 years history, our clients know they can trust us to deliver the best service in our areas of specialty.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
RIB U.S.COST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 2 years ago