About this Position: The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst, IT Originations position is to . . .
- Understand your system; identify deficiencies and offer suggestions to improve it
- Gather requirements of medium complexity, Partner with Developers, and Test features to ensure they meet user requirements
Position Outcomes & Activities: You will be measured on the following both individually and as a team:
- Maintain application backlog that clearly describes tasks. Keep the backlog clean
- Gather requirements from business users and record them clearly in a format useful to developers
- Partner with Developers to achieve great application performance
- Test new features and code to be sure they meet requirements
- Show insight; know your application design & data; offer simple, working solutions
- Apply team coding, documenting and testing standards and recommend process improvements
- Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively (verbally & in writing)
- Learn the Business Process Your Application Supports so your code will better support the business
- Improve your application and team processes
- Decrease incidents and increase uptime of your application
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
Basic Position Requirements: To succeed in this position you need to:
- Required (BA): Bachelor’s Degree
- Required (BA): Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business Analyst or related role
- Required (BA): Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Required (BA): Experience documenting user requirements (e.g., maintenance request or SOW)
- Required (BA): QA Testing experience
- Required (BA): Willingness to participate in an on-call development rotation 24x7x365
Additional Position Qualifiers:
- Preferred (BA): Project Management experience; PMP certification
- Preferred (App): Experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Preferred (App): Minimum of 1 year experience supporting a web application as a business/quality/functional analyst
- Preferred (App): Basic knowledge of web technology
- Preferred (App): Ability to query database (SQL / PLSQL)
- Preferred (App): Basic understanding of Java technologies
- Preferred (App): Testing certifications
- Preferred (App): Knowledge of testing tools like Quality Control or Bugzilla
Position Knowledge and Skills: To succeed in this role you need the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects and tasks.
- Organize, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
- Convey complex information in a timely and easily understood way to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate insight; make recommendations as opportunities arise.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with moderate supervision.
- Maintain customer focus; keep the customer’s and company’s best interest in mind.
- Work well with abstract concepts. Be analytical. Solve problems.
FLSA Classification Status: