About this Position: The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst, IT Originations position is to . . .
- Understand your system; identify deficiencies and offer suggestions to improve it
- Gather requirements of medium complexity, Partner with Developers, and Test features to ensure they meet user requirements
Position Outcomes & Activities: You will be measured on the following both individually and as a team:
- Maintain application backlog that clearly describes tasks. Keep the backlog clean
- Gather requirements from business users and record them clearly in a format useful to developers
- Partner with Developers to achieve great application performance
- Test new features and code to be sure they meet requirements
- Show insight; know your application design & data; offer simple, working solutions
- Apply team coding, documenting and testing standards and recommend process improvements
- Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively (verbally & in writing)
- Learn the Business Process Your Application Supports so your code will better support the business
- Improve your application and team processes
- Decrease incidents and increase uptime of your application
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
Basic Position Requirements: To succeed in this position you need to:
- Required (BA): Bachelor’s Degree
- Required (BA): Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business Analyst or related role
- Required (BA): Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Required (BA): Experience documenting user requirements (e.g., maintenance request or SOW)
- Required (BA): QA Testing experience
- Required (BA): Willingness to participate in an on-call development rotation 24x7x365
Additional Position Qualifiers:
- Preferred (BA): Project Management experience; PMP certification
- Preferred (App): Experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Preferred (App): Minimum of 1 year experience supporting a web application as a business/quality/functional analyst
- Preferred (App): Basic knowledge of web technology
- Preferred (App): Ability to query database (SQL / PLSQL)
- Preferred (App): Basic understanding of Java technologies
- Preferred (App): Testing certifications
- Preferred (App): Knowledge of testing tools like Quality Control or Bugzilla
Position Knowledge and Skills: To succeed in this role you need the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects and tasks.
- Organize, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
- Convey complex information in a timely and easily understood way to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate insight; make recommendations as opportunities arise.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with moderate supervision.
- Maintain customer focus; keep the customer’s and company’s best interest in mind.
- Work well with abstract concepts. Be analytical. Solve problems.
FLSA Classification Status:
About RG Tech:
RG Tech is an Information Technology (IT) and Engineering Services Company. We provide IT and Engineering services by partnering with our customers to understand their needs and effectively deliver technology driven solutions to help our customers stay one step ahead of their competition. We strive to bring excellence and add value to our customers by offering the best services of our talented and highly skilled professionals.